Thursday, November 12, 2015

Review of 21 Day Fix Extreme Day 11: Lower Fix Extreme



Day 11: Lower Fix Extreme

Today was Lower Fix Extreme. I honestly couldn't remember what was in this workout since every day seems like leg day in this program. I had a hard time waking up and a harder time motivating to get up and workout, but I got up and I did it and I'm glad that I did. This workout is filled with lunges and squats! It's also got plenty of jumping going on. Sumo squats, single leg squats, normal squats, front lunges, rear lunges, lateral lunges Oh My. The first three rounds pretty much have a squat half and a lunge half. The last round uses the bands to do two moves. One of them is the leg half of the Bird Dog from Pilates Fix Extreme and the other is a lateral band walk. That band walk is hard! It's hard enough to squat down and walk side to side for a minute, but when you're got a resistance band under your feet, wowzers! 

It took me awhile this morning to really get into the workout and even then, I was still counting down the rounds. I'm tired today and I just want to crawl back into my nice warm bed. There were a few moves where I really felt it and had to shake out my legs, but for the most part, I just paced myself and got through it. This is a lot of lunging and squatting! I used my 10 pound weights for all of the moves. My balance was horrible in the single leg squats. I had to touch down when I squatted down and when I stood back up. I'm hoping that once I get to Tai Cheng, my balance will improve. Those single leg squats really worked my butt! I didn't have to stop to shake it out in those, but that was only because I was falling all over the place so I was going pretty slow. The front lunges with the front kick was a bit of a challenge still. I just can't come up out of a lunge and do a kick without first bringing the front leg back to the rear leg. I've tried and it just doesn't work. I also can't step from the front lunge all the way back to the other foot. I'm fine with rear lunges, but front lunges are just crazy hard for me. I have to slide the front foot about halfway back and then I step it back to the other leg. I'm a big girl though, so maybe that's my problem. Maybe this is normal. I've never watched anyone my size do front lunges. 

My shoulders are a little sore either from Pilates Fix Extreme or Upper Fix Extreme. I'm not sure which, but that's about it. My abs aren't sore which is surprising and disappointing. If I'm not sore, I feel like I didn't do enough. Because I wasn't sore in my legs, I tried to go deeper into the squats and lunges today. We'll see if I'm sore tomorrow. I almost hope that I'm not though only because tomorrow is Leg Day Revisited or as she calls it Cardio Fix Extreme. It's filled with squats and lunges. Saturday will be The Revenge of Leg Day or as she calls it Dirty 30 Extreme which is filled with squats and lunges. I'm not a fan of squats and lunges. Can you tell? I much prefer to work my legs in more secretive ways like Les Mills Combat. I'm going to finish this program though because I've only got another week. I can handle one more week. Every day this week, I've reminded myself that I just have to do this workout once more before this round is done. I'm not trashing on the program. It's an awesome workout. It's just hard! I know it's called Extreme and I knew it would be hard. I'm not saying I expected anything less than hard. I just didn't expect so many squats and lunges. Oh well. 

Polar M400 Screen Shots

I clearly haven't gotten this fast heart rate thing figured out. I thought I had though. When I put the heart rate monitor on this morning, it showed in the mid 60s. That's what my resting heart rate was before doing this whole low carb thing. I haven't checked my resting heart rate in awhile, but I can say that my heart rate while working out is way faster than it used to be. 




Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you decide you want to try the program out, be sure to buy it from a coach so you get the free DVD that you can't get through other sources. If you don't have a coach, you can sign up with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment