Sunday, November 8, 2015

Review of 21 Day Fix Extreme Day 7: Yoga Extreme - Week 1 Done!


Day 7: Yoga Extreme

Week one is done! I'm 1/3 of the way through the program. I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing it this coming week though. We might be doing bike rides. We'll see what the weather is like. 

I have been looking forward to this day for a week. I really like Yoga. I miss PiYo. I love how stretched out I feel when I'm done. I was so looking forward to doing something that didn't involve lunges and squats! 

They weren't kidding when they called this one Yoga Extreme. This thing was hard! The modifier does make it a little easier, but I couldn't always see her. If you're an advance yogi, there are options to make it harder as well. There were poses in this that I had never heard of which isn't all that surprising since I  haven't done a ton of yoga.

I'm not going to do a play by play on this one because it would take too long and would probably be very boring to read. There was a lot of the standard yoga stuff including Sun Salutation A, some chair, some Vinyasa, some Warrior 1, Warrior 2 and Warrior 3. There was some stuff that I had never done before like Humble Warrior which I didn't do very well. We did a little bit of Crescent and some Half Moon. We did some Extended Angle and some Standing Pigeon. We did some Crow too. I had to keep my toes on the floor. One of the guys went up into a handstand. One day, I want to be him. We also got down on the floor and did some Happy Cow which I have no idea where they came up with the name of this. I think the last time I did this move, it was called Happy Baby, but whatever. We also did some Cat/Cow. 

Overall, this didn't go as well as I had hoped that it would. I did feel all stretched out which was nice, but I don't know the names of the poses so I had to keep looking at the screen, but that's kind of hard to do while you're in a pose. She seemed to assume that we all know what to do when it comes to Yoga. There was little instruction. It's the advanced program, so I guess I should have been prepared for that, but I didn't really enjoy the workout. Maybe I'll get better at it. Hopefully I will! 

Polar M400 Screen Shots

I don't think my heart rate really got to 226 like the workout screen shot shows. You can't see that on the heart rate grid. Looks like the heart rate monitor broke connection a couple times. That's so annoying!






Want to learn more? Watch the video!

If you decide you want to try the program out, be sure to buy it from a coach so you get the free DVD that you can't get through other sources. If you don't have a coach, you can sign up with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment