Thursday, November 19, 2015

Review of 21 Day Fix Extreme day 18: Lower Fix Extreme


Day 18: Lower Fix Extreme

Today was Day 18 of 21 Day Fix Extreme which meant it was Lower Fix Extreme. She loves leg day! She made like four leg days for the week. I'm not a fan of leg day. Leg day is all about squats and lunges and when you're 264 pounds, squats and lunges suck. I had gotten through this workout twice before though, so I knew I could get through this workout again. I decided to put on my weight lifting gloves today because I got tired of having sweaty palms during these workouts. For some crazy reason, putting on the weight lifting gloves compelled me to grab my Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbells. I'm not really sure why, but it happened. I then proceeded to do the entire workout with them set to 15 pounds except for the stuff with the bands and the lateral lunges. The Bowflex weights are a little bulky for me to do lateral lunges with them.

This workout was crazy intense with those 15 pound weights. I'm still not exactly sure what possessed me to do it. Maybe it was because it was the last day of Lower Fix Extreme during this round of 21 Day Fix. Maybe it was because I found out Hammer and Chisel is releasing sooner than I thought it would and it got me all pumped up to do something new from Sagi. I felt pretty much every squat and every lunge in every muscle from my knees to my hips. I had to take a couple breaks to shake things out. I even had to pause the DVD a few times to let my heart rate come down a bit. I've been pretty tired this week since we stayed up late on Sunday to watch the Seahawks game that ran way late. We didn't end up finishing the game because it was going on way too long. Tuesday, I wanted to stay up to watch Blindspot. I've slept badly all week too. I'm not sure if it was the lack of sleep or the extra weights, but the workout was rough today! I can still feel it in my thighs as I sit here and type things. I might need the handicap bar to use the bathroom at work!

Tomorrow is Cardio Fix Extreme, or as I like to call it, Leg Day #3. We'll see how well that goes over after doing this crazy stunt today!

I thought my abs would hurt from Pilates Fix Extreme yesterday, but they don't. My legs were a little sore going into this workout, but not crazy bad. It was more a weakness than a soreness. They are definitely weak now after this workout!

I found myself really appreciating the 30 seconds with weights and 30 seconds without weights format of this workout. Having that couple seconds in between made it easier to get through the full minute. I did better with my front lunge kick things. It wasn't pretty, but I was able to come up into some of the kicks without coming to an upright position first. My balance was horrible though.


IPolar M400 Screen Shots

I wonder if my heart rate will ever be more in the normal range for stuff like this. This whole super fast heart rate is a recent thing since I started Low Carb, but I don't know if that's the reason for it. It's just wen I noticed it happening. 




Want to learn more? Watch the video!


If you decide you want to try the program out, be sure to buy it from a coach so you get the free DVD that you can't get through other sources. If you don't have a coach, you can sign up with me. 

=

No comments:

Post a Comment