Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Review of 21 Day Fix Extreme Day 16: Upper Fix Extreme


Day 16: Upper Fix Extreme


Today was Day 16 of 21 Day Fix Extreme which meant that it was Upper Fix Extreme. I was pretty happy about that since it meant no jumping! There are some challenging moves in this workout, but none of them involve jumping which makes me a happy camper! 

I stayed on my toes for the first 15 seconds or so of the push ups. I'm getting closer to the floor too! I still can't do a full push up, but I'm getting better and that's all that matters. Last year around this time, I think I vowed that I was going to be able to do a full push up before the end of the year. A year later, and I still can't do one, but I'm okay with that. I felt pretty good where I was at today and I'm going to work on it some more. 

I stayed on my toes for the first 15 seconds or so of the Dolphin thing too. The part where we go from Dolphin to Plank and back again. That is just hard! I'm trying to decide if I'm better off just doing it for 15 seconds and then taking a break and then going back at it or if I should just drop down to my knees and continue the minute. That's what I've been doing. I guess the answer doesn't really matter since this was the last day of Upper Fix Extreme in this round of 21 Day Fix Extreme. 

The lunge position during the bent over rows and the sumo squat position during the concentration curls still give me fits. My legs don't want to hold the position for a full minute which then impacts my other body parts getting a decent workout. We don't do much for our biceps in this workout so I really want to get as much out of it as I can,but I had to keep taking a break because my legs just couldn't handle it during the concentration curls. I didn't need to take breaks during the rows, but I was more focused on my legs than on my arms so I may have sacrificed my form in there somewhere. I know this is 21 Day Fix Extreme so I'm not faulting the workout plan. I just need to remember that my body isn't built for extreme workouts and I need to be okay with modifying them down. I should have just held a squat for the bent over rows and I should have just sat on my bench for the concentration curls. If I'm okay going to my knees for push ups, I should be okay with adjusting other parts. It's a little late to be coming to this conclusion though. I love that the program is only 21 days, but once you're in that final week, you realize how short 21 days really is. I could extend it for another week, but I know I won't. I've been too excited about being done to get away from all the jumping!

I can't think of anything else that I modified. I don't hold the band as close to the center as she does, but I'm not sure if you'd consider that a modification. I really felt it in my lats today during the lat pull down section. I also really felt it in my back during the post delt fly section. I had to move my feet around during the 30 second hold on the post delt fly. I just can't keep my feet still during that part. 

Oh! I thought of another modification that I did. During the tricep dips, I was up off the floor for the first 30 seconds, but my butt was on the floor for the final 30 seconds of each round. Those things make my arms go numb. I need to figure out why, but since today was the last day for Upper Fix Extreme, it doesn't matter.

The shoulder presses were still torture even with 5 pounds as my heavy and 2 pounds as my light. I have such wimpy shoulders! I have no idea how I ever got through shoulder day with Sagi. 

I can't think of anything else to say about the workout, so I'm going to wrap things up. 

Polar M400 Screen Shots


I think I lost connection during the bent over rows and for sure during the tricep dips. I'm done caring though. LOL. 



Want to learn more? Watch the video!


If you decide you want to try the program out, be sure to buy it from a coach so you get the free DVD that you can't get through other sources. If you don't have a coach, you can sign up with me. 

=

No comments:

Post a Comment