Sunday, July 19, 2015

Zen Labs Couch to 5K C25K Week 8 Day 3


Week 8 Day 3

This was a 5 minute walk followed by a 30 minute run followed by a 5 minute walk. I ran for 30 minutes on Wednesday so I could complete my two miles, so this wasn't my first time running 30 minutes. I was determined to get my 2 miles in before the 30 minutes was up. This workout almost didn't happen. I slept with my contacts in and my eyes were not liking life in the morning. My left eye hurt so bad all the way to the track. Once I got to the track, it was fine though. I survived the 30 minute run, and my eye was killing me on the way back!

Hubby came with me on this run. I like it when he comes with me because it gives me motivation to look like an actual runner since I have a witness. I run faster when he's there. He walks while I run. I like catching him! I caught up to him on every third lap of mine. For a little bit, I didn't think I was going to make my 2 miles before the 30 minutes was up, but then I realized I could do it, but I just needed to push a little harder. The last lap, I was going pretty quickly for me! My heart was racing! I didn't think I could keep going, but I did and I touched my foot down on that line as the timer hit double zero! I was so excited!

I'm now done with my C25K training! I still haven't tried to run 5k though. I'm a mile short. I think if I slow down into the 16ish minute mile pace, I could get that extra mile. I'm going to try that next Saturday. We'll see how that goes. I talked about doing the 10K trainer, but I don't think I'm going to do that. My plan now (and who knows how long that will last since I seem to change every 5 minutes) is to run once a week on Saturdays and keep doing Rockin' Body. I'm enjoying Rockin' Body even though I suck at it. I hope I'll get better.

Eight weeks ago, I never thought that I would get through 8 weeks of running! I never thought I would be able to run for 30 minutes in eight weeks! I'm pretty stoked and pretty amazed that I was able to get as far as I did. I may not be able to run a 5k in 30 minutes, but 8 weeks ago, I could barely run for 60 seconds and now I'm running for 30 minutes. I still think I can actually run 5k too, but I just can't do it in 30 minutes. Seriously though, I'm 275 pounds and 8 weeks ago, I could barely run for 60 seconds straight. I didn't think I'd be able to pull off a 10 minute miles. I'm okay with it.

Polar M400 Screen Shots

Here are my screen shots. I took a Fitness Test with the watch the other day, and since then, my calorie burn is way higher than it used to be. I apparently didn't score well on the fitness test so now it gives me bonus calories for being so out of shape. :) My heart rate went up and up and up and up even though my pace didn't keep going up and up and up and up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment