Monday, July 13, 2015

Zen Labs Couch to 5K C25K Week 8 Day 1


Week 8 Day 1!

I still am torn between, OMG I made it this far, and OMG didn't I just start this yesterday? I only have two workouts left after today! When I started this, I didn't think I'd get this far, but here I am! This morning, I ran for 28 minutes! I'm 5k bound! 

This morning was sooooooooooooo dark outside and hubby didn't want to go out with me since he hadn't slept well last night. I left the house and nearly turned around. My hat light is just not bright enough. I could barely see the path! I was pretty creeped out for the first little bit. It doesn't help that someone's got a van parked out there and I'm having flashbacks to my childhood when we were on alert for the creepers in vans. 

The closer I got to the track, the more nervous I was about it being so stinking dark. I wish they would open the front gate. I've been highly annoyed about this whole gate issue, but while running around the track today, I had an epiphany. I was thinking that they were trying to keep me out, but I think they were trying to keep the deer out. The little buggers probably chow down on the grass while school is out. I feel better about the gate situation now. It doesn't help me with my fear of the dark while wondering around near someone's house. I live in the boonies. I'm seriously concerned that this person might meet me with a rifle on day and chase me away! It's not my fault that they close the gate though. I'd run on the street more, but I seriously can't run on the street when it's this dark. At least with the track, I don't really need to see where I'm going. The track is so much better on my shins and calves too. I've got a new hat that I'm going to try out tomorrow. It's got built in lights that appear to be quite bright. We'll see how that goes tomorrow. If that hat doesn't work, I'm not sure what else to do!

Okay, so the workout today. I forgot to plug my phone in last night! It only had 20% battery when I woke up. I plugged it in and got another 6% before I was ready to leave, but I must have read the clock wrong because I didn't really leave myself much time. I had an extra three minutes of running today plus I had to get t the track and back. I walked pretty fast getting there. My shins and calves hurt before I even got to the track. My running speed was horrible. The graphic below shows minutes per kilometer. I didn't come close to a 10 minute mile that's for sure. I barely broke into the 15ish minute mile mark. I stuck in the 16minute mile range. I dipped up to 17 for a short period. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it the full 28 minutes. I kept telling myself that I could do one lap and if I could do one lap, I could do one more, so after each lap, I just told myself to do one more. It worked.

I figured I'd get 7 laps today for a total of 1.75 miles, but I was so far off my pace that I had to run for an extra minute or two to get to the 1.75 miles. I was going to finish that dang 7th lap though. I just wanted to stop, but I couldn't until I finished the 7th lap. I'm hoping to get an 8th lap in by Friday. That will mean that I need to work up one more mile. I'm rethinking doing the 10K trainer. If I'm only one mile off, I'm thinking that maybe I can add a lap each week for three weeks. I'm only planning on running one day a week though. I have to get back to a Beachbody program. I need the structure of a calendar with five or six days working out per week. This three day thing isn't working well for me. On my non-running days, I'm pretty much slacking off. I did Cize last week, but that was just one day. I've toyed with doing Pump so I can run on the off days, but I'm not sure if all that leg stuff on my non-running days would be a good idea. I really want to do 21 Day Fix Extreme. That one is only 21 days. I've also got Slim in 6 which is only six weeks. I've got far too many programs to do! I'm so indecisive too! 

I survived my run today, but just barely. My legs were numb and I could barely feel my feet at the end. I'm pretty bummed too because I walked so bloody fast and still didn't get a record for my average speed. I walked nearly as fast as I ran. I guess I just ran too bloody slow today. I'm really starting to ramble so I should wrap this up.

Polar M400

Here's the screen shot from the app. The pace is minutes per kilometer instead of minutes per mile so don't go thinking I'm all super fast or anything. :) The distance is also kilometers too. It was just over 3 miles. Sooooooo the total workout was my 5K! Woot Woot! 


Here's the heart rate and speed grid. My speed just tanked today! The last lap was faster because I was determined to get that seventh lap! 


No comments:

Post a Comment