Saturday, June 6, 2015

Zen Labs C25K Couch to 5K Week 2 Day 3


C25K Week 2 Day 3

It was chilly again so I went with the sweatshirt. I'm not really sure how I feel about wearing a sweatshirt while I run. It feels awful heavy as I get further into the workout. It's too dang cold in the morning though so I can't just wear a t-shirt! I might try the long sleeved t-shirt again. I used a new app this time while running. It's called Motion-X GPS. It cost 99 cents on the App Store. I got the app for hiking and really like it. I decided to use it for running so I could see my speed. Every five minutes, it tells you how far you've gone, how long you've been going and how fast you're currently going. 

Today was another 90 seconds of running followed by 2 minutes of walking. I always thought that I walked at about 2 miles per hour. It's the comfortable pace for me on the treadmill. It's where my shins don't hurt. According to Motion-X GPS, I was walking at 3.4 to 3.9 MPH. I can barely run at 4 MPH on the treadmill. I was pretty surprised by the speed. I discovered last workout that I was doing just under half a lap during my 90 seconds of running. I think that messed with my brain. I was going just over half a lap this time. As I started my run, I spotted halfway across the track. When I got to that point, I was pretty beat and ready to be walking again, but the app hadn't told me to start walking yet. Apparently, I was going faster during this workout. It left me pretty dang tired before it was over. My shins were killing me too! I think I need to go slower next week or I won't make it the full 3 minutes! I'm seriously considering that pre-workout snack! 

I don't have a screen shot from the Jawbone UP3 app. I'm still learning the ins and outs of this app. I'm not sure why though since I've already decided to send it back. However, I can't convince myself to stop wearing it. It's nothing but frustration! So during the run, the Jawbone kept going into sleep mode. The thing was vibrating like crazy during the running intervals. When I got home, there wasn't a graph for the steps. It's also not staying in sleep mode once I put it there while laying in bed. I'm wearing this thing through Sunday and then I'm done!

Motion-X GPS Screen Shots

Here are the screen shots from my new app Motion-X GPS. I couldn't fit the whole workout on the screen shot to the right. I wish there was a way to condense the whole thing into one screen. I'm still learning this app, so I don't know all the ins and outs of it yet. There's a way to share the workout via email, Twitter or Facebook. I'll see what that does. The screen shot on the left shows all the important stats and the one on the right is a speed graph. You can lay the altitude over the speed in a line graph, but since there wasn't much altitude in this, I just left it off. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment