Saturday, May 23, 2015

Beachbody Body Beast Day 72: Bulk Legs


Day 72: Bulk Legs

It seem so weird to see Day 72! All of the programs I've done prior to this one were all 60 days or less! It's pretty amazing that I stuck with a program for 72 days! Day 72 of the Lean Program of Body Beast was Bulk Legs. For those who have been following along on this journey, you may remember how much I really don't like this one. The first move is alternating front and rear lunges on the same side so lunge forward then back and then forward and then back. It's 12 reps, following by 12 reps on the other side. Then there's a short break and then 10 reps on one side followed by 10 on the other. Then another short break and 8 on one side and 8 on the other. I still have to pause the DVD, but I'm getting better at this one. I've also learned that if I don't watch the TV and I keep the volume down, the annoying guy isn't nearly as annoying. This was my last time doing this workout for this round of Body Beast. I did well with it I think. I kept up with the side to side squats at the end. I felt those the next day too. Wowzers this workout after all these weeks can still make me sore the following day. I think I could feel it for two or three days actually. I didn't do anything different with the weights this time. The calf raises were torture. I'm not really sure why. Maybe I was still a little weak from the hike on Sunday. I had to take a few breaks. Now that I'm finally to a point where I don't detest this workout, I don't have it anymore! I'm relieved that I don't have to do those front and back lunges, but I'm kind of sad to not be doing this one again anytime soon. I'm enjoying getting better at this one! I'm getting better at the Progressive Set of Split Squats! The last set is still pretty challenging, but the whole thing used to kill me!

The Worksheet

Here's the worksheet. Looks like I felt compelled to write a novella on it. 


BodyMedia Screen Shot

Leg day is less depressing to look at. I get a bunch of steps and it thinks I burned a ton more calories than the other workouts. I actually get activity minutes on Leg Day! It's all those lunges and the side squats and all the walking around the room during the rest breaks trying to catch my breath. Why is it that it's easier to catch my breath while walking around the room than it is by just standing still? Is it psychological because everyone says to "walk it off?"



No comments:

Post a Comment