Saturday, May 23, 2015

Beachbody Body Beast Day 71: Build Chest and Tris


 Day 71: Build Chest and Tris

Day 71 of the Lean Program for Beachbody Body Beast was Build Chest and Tris. I forgot how long this workout was! I did not give myself enough time to do it. I'm okay being a few minutes late for work so I can get my workout in, but this would have been really late. I decided to skip the AM workout and hope that I had the energy to do it when I got home. I was pretty shocked that I actually got myself into the workout room and doing this workout after my 9 hours at my day job! I'm pretty surprised with how amazing it felt too. I felt really strong. I normally workout before work on an empty stomach. I can't eat that early in the morning. I wake up at 4:00 and I'm working out by like 4:30. I drink my Shakeology after my shower, but that's about as much as I can handle that early. Maybe not doing this on an empty stomach gave me more energy. I'm not sure. I just know that I didn't feel like I was dying doing this! It actually made me wish I could quit editing so I could either switch to evening workouts and get more sleep in the morning or do double workouts! I can't wait until I can quit editing! 

I went heavier on some of the weights and I felt it the next day. It felt good to fry out my chest again. I don't do that every workout. My triceps sometimes fail before I can really fry my chest. It was weird though because when I woke up, I didn't feel any DOMS and I was pretty bummed about that, but around 2:00 the next afternoon, I started to feel it. I'm used to working out in the AM so 24 hours later is about the time I'm waking up. I'm not used to DOMS setting in in the middle of the afternoon. This workout really set me up for a great week of working out! 

The Worksheet

Here's the worksheet.




BodyMedis Screen Shot

Here is my screen shot. I whole minute of activity. I gotta admit though that when I do this workout, I tend to lay on the bench during the rest breaks. When I do the other workouts, I tend to walk around and get my heart rate down, but this one doesn't get my heart rate up very far so there's no need to "walk it off." I just lay back and enjoy the quiet time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment