Saturday, April 4, 2015

Beachbody Body Beast Day 25: Beast Cardio


Day 25: Beast Cardio

I was supposed to do Beast Cardio and Beast Abs, but I only did the cardio workout. I'm not a fan of the cardio workout or the ab workout. I need to get over my dislike for both of them, but I just can't. One of the guys is so annoying in the cardio workout. He grunts and groans. He's the reason that Planet Fitness has a Lunk Alarm. Watching him do Plyo Lunges makes my knees hurt too. I've thought long and hard about why I'm not really into this workout and why I'm having a disconnect with the entire program. I get bored with repeating the same workouts, but that hasn't been much of an issue with me for PiYo, Les Mills Combat and 21 Day Fix, so why is it happening with Body Beast? My conclusion is that, I don't have much to work on. When I started the other programs, I had a lot of things that I needed modify. There were sections that I couldn't get through so each workout was an attempt to get better and be stronger. With Body Beast, it's different. It's mainly about adding more weight. The cardio workout has so much resting that it's not much of a challenge. There are parts that are harder than others, but for the most part, I know that I just need to get through 60 to 90 seconds and then I can rest for about a minute or more. There's just not a lot to strive for. I also think I'm having issues because I'm not losing weight, but that's mostly because I'm eating junk that I shouldn't be. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

It still amazes me that a cardio workout would get me a total of 11 minutes of activity. That's just bizarre! 

No comments:

Post a Comment