Thursday, February 19, 2015

Beachbody Body Beast Day 4: Beast Cardio & Beast Abs


Today was Day 4 of Body Beast. I'm doing the Lean program so today, I got to do Beast Cardio and Beast Abs. I'm totally in love with Body Beast, but I wasn't in love with Beast Cardio or Beast Abs. I do appreciate the fact that they put the ab workout on pretty much all of the DVDs, so if you want to tack it on to the end of a different workout, you don't have to switch DVDs. YAY! Neither of these workouts have a worksheet to fill out, so I'm just going to tell you want I remember from the workouts. I don't have the time to replay them before bed. 

Beast Cardio

This was sort of a HIIT workout in the sense that we had intervals of High Intensity. We then had segments of rest. Some of the rest segments were pretty long. There wasn't really a pattern with this workout like there is with 21 Day Fix. The work segments didn't have the same amount of time and the rest segments didn't either. This workout did use weights which was a bit of a disappointment since my whole body was pretty much sore at the time. My shoulders were doing okay, but tomorrow is shoulder day so working them today will make tomorrow more challenging I'm sure. We were supposed to use light weights so I used my 5 pound dumbbells except for the squat section where I used a 10 pound dumbbell. This workout had a lot of times where we held a move. For example, we did squats for 20 seconds and then held the squat for 10 seconds.

Okay, the things I remember......We did squats, sumo squats, squats with a jump after each one, toe taps (they used the bench, but I used my step), burpees, the leg portion of jumping jacks with our knees bent, plyo push ups and some jogging. There was some more stuff, but I just don't remember it.

The moves themselves were challenging for me, but there was a lot of rest between things so the workout seemed slow paced. I will probably continue to do the workout for the rest of the program, but if I redo the program, I will most likely use Les Mills Combat Combat Live 30 or Cardio Fix from 21 Day Fix.

BodyMedia Screen Shot

This screen shot is pretty sad. It was a 30 minute cardio workout, but I only had 13 minutes of total activity and only 4 minutes of vigorous activity. All the holding and all the resting really killed the calorie burn on this. 


Beast Abs

Beast Abs was only 10 minutes. Let's see how much I can remember! This was pretty much all on the floor. We did standard crunches, a hip raise, cobra, hip drops, Roman twists, side plank with weights, up and downs, and a few things that I don't really know the names for. We laid on our back for one move and put our feet straight up in the air. We then lowered our feet to one side and then back up and over to the other side. At the end, we did something similar, but spelled our Beast with our legs. We then spelled it backwards. 

Overall, I wasn't incredibly impressed with this one. There was a lot of resting between the moves and the moves themselves weren't incredibly challenging. I'll probably do this for the rest of the round, but if I redo Beast, I most likely will do the 10 Minute Fix for Abs from 21 Day Fix

BodyMedia Screen Shot 

It's not very impressive, but it was only 10 minutes and we never got off the floor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment