Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Beachbody Body Beast Day 2: Build Legs


Day 2: Build Legs

Today was Day 2 of Beachbody Body Beast! Yesterday was Chest & Tris and today was Legs. My chest and triceps are soooooooo sore today! It's getting more intense as the day goes on! I've missed this! I've gotten sore from some of the other workouts and even roasted my legs so good with 21 Day Fix that I hurt for four days, but that was only the first time doing that workout. I have a feeling that I'm gong to feel this way for the whole 90 days of Body Beast! I love it! 

Okay, so leg day! This workout was supposed to be about 38 minutes, but it took me longer to do it. I learned something about myself today. If I'm doing something I like, I'll pause and rewind the DVD so I can do the whole workout if I have to! During the lunges, I wasn't able to keep up with them. I could have just skimped on the reps and been done when they were done, but I didn't do that! I paused the DVD and rewound it in parts so I could get all of my reps in! It extended the workout about 10 minutes. I risked being late for work, but I didn't care. I was going to get every rep in. 

There were some moves in here that I had never seen before. One of them was the straight leg deadlift. We used a bar and had it between our legs as we did a deadlift. It's hard to explain, but it was awkward. Next time, I think I'll do it without the bar and use dumbbells. The modifier guy used dumbbells. I think it would be a less awkward position. 

There were some squats with a split leg position and the back leg was up on the bench. I tried doing it with my back leg up on my step, but my balance was horrible. I knew I wouldn't make it on the bench so I didn't even try. I ended up just doing them with both feet on the floor. There was also a section where we were supposed to step up onto the bench and then step down and do a backwards lunge. I opted to step up onto my step. I can't step up onto my bench yet. It's just not gonna happen. I had some balance issues with using the step even. I really suck at balance. I should have done Tai Cheng months ago in an attempt to better my balance and make the rest of these workouts easier. I'll get there eventually. 

The first set of squats was pretty easy. I only have 5 and 10 pound dumbbells, but I have a 15 pound kettlebell. When I have 15 listed, I either used the kettlebell or grabbed two dumbbells. That's what I did for the 20 pound reps for the first set of squats. I was thinking I was all badass using the 20 for that, but I regretted it later when my legs were killing me! 

The single leg standing calf raises were a bit of a challenge. My calves were already sore from the last Biggest Loser workout I did. The seated calf raises were way too easy though. I'm curious how high I can go on those. I'm going to be trying that out when I get the Bowflex adjustable weights! I can't wait until they show up. I love Body Beast. This program is awesome. I've only done two workouts, but I'm so loving it! I was getting a bit bored with working out, but I'm not bored now. 

I still suck at forward lunges. I can step out far enough, but I need to do a stutter step to get back. That's part of the reason that I'm so slow with them! 

The Worksheet

Here's the workout sheet with my weights and comments. 


BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here's the screen shot. I was pretty excited to see all of that activity! It must have been all of those lunges. 





No comments:

Post a Comment