Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Beachbody Body Beast Day 10: Build Back and Bis


Day 10: Build Back and Bis

Today was Day 10 for Body Beast. I'm doing the Lean program and today should have been Beast Cardio and Beast Abs, but I swapped Build Back and Bis from Day 9 with the Day 10 workouts so I could use the new Bowflex adjustable weights with the back and bicep workout. I didn't really feel like I fried out my back last week and I was hoping the new weights would get me there. I'll know more tomorrow. My hamstrings and glutes still hurt from Build Legs on Monday. My triceps are a little sore and my chest is a smidge sore from Chest and Tris from Sunday. 

I was really looking forward to doing this workout again. I love back and bicep day! I always have. I discovered that getting further away from the wall on the Chin Up alternative with the resistance bands helps make it a challenging move. I thought last week that I was pretty far from the the wall, but I really worked on going even further. It seems to have worked. The last few reps weren't easy. They didn't seem terribly hard, but they weren't easy. That was a plus.

I love having the adjustable weights, but they are a bit awkward with some moves. They are rather large and bulky. There is a row that we do with an under hand grip and it's quite challenging to position my hands in such a way that I can get a full range of motion because my chest gets in the way. It's something I plan on working on next week. I wish we had gotten the smaller set of weights, but we needed to get the big ones so my husband wouldn't out grow them too quickly. 

I had to go down in weight on some of the bicep curls. I couldn't handle a full set at 15 pounds, but last week, I was able to do it. I'm not sure if the added weight during the back stuff made my biceps work harder and therefore they just didn't have enough juice left by the time I was done. I remember last week feeling like I had all the time in the world between sets, but this week, I had to pause the DVD at one point. I like the concept of the adjustable weights. It's great that you can have all of those different types of dumbbells in one "compact" thing, but when you only get 15 seconds to drop the weights down for a drop set, it makes it kind of annoying to have to adjust the weights. I'm sure I'll get better with more practice. 

My back feels a bit tingly right now. I'm pretty sure it's going to hurt tomorrow. It will be the first time in a while that I'll have DOMS in my back. There was one move in Les Mills Combat that did it in two small spots on my back just over my shoulder blades the first time I did the 45 minute Combat workout, but other than that, I don't think I've fried out my back since I stopped going to the gym. 

Tomorrow is Build Shoulders and then Friday is Rest Day! I love Rest Day. I just realized that I only do the Build workouts for three weeks. For some reason, I was thinking it was five weeks in Build and 3 weeks in Bulk, but I had them reversed. I wish I had realized that before!

The Worksheet

Here's the worksheet! 


BodyMedia Screen Shot

 Here is my rather unimpressive screen shot. I'm pretty surprised about the 9 minutes of activity since I only got 10 minutes during a cardio workout yesterday. Color me confuzzled!


No comments:

Post a Comment