Thursday, January 29, 2015

Beachbody PiYo Mini Round Day 1 - Define: Lower Body


Day 1: Define: Lower Body

Before I start up Body Beast, I'm going through a mini round of PiYo. Day 1 was Define: Lower Body. This is a pretty short workout. I had originally planned on Day 1 being Define: Lower Body and Define: Upper Body, but I was thinking that each of them was 30 minutes and I didn't motivate in enough time for a 60 minute workout. I decided to just do Define: Lower Body. I was glad that I did it that way, but it does mean adding an extra day to the mini round.

I really didn't remember anything from this workout except for the warm up. The warm up is the same warm up that we did in several of the workouts. I still think it would have been better if the warm ups had been different in each workout. 

It felt good to be doing PiYo again. I had better balance in most of it, but Warrior 3 was a bit of a train wreck for me and I'm not sure why. I was just falling all over the place. I was doing Tree the other day in 21 Day Fix, but Warrior 3 was giving me fits for this workout. I also had a hard time keeping my arms up in the air for Warrior 1 and Warrior 2. My shoulders were just killing me. I did all of that shoulder work in Les Mills Combat Power HIIT with 10 pound dumbbells and keeping my arms up over my head for 30 seconds in PiYo was a challenge. That was just weird. My glutes and hamstrings were a bit sore from Les Mills Combat Shock Plyo from Monday, so I wasn't sure how this was going to go, but my legs were fine for the workout. It was my shoulders that did me in. How weird is that. 

If you want to see a play by play of the workout, check out my post from day 2 of PiYo from my full round. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is the unimpressive screen shot. This stuff really works me over, but yet BodyMedia never really seems to agree. It's not a fast moving workout, but it does get me breathing heavy and sweating all over the place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment