Tuesday, January 6, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 9 Upper Fix



Day 9 Upper Fix

Today was Day 9 of the 21 Day Fix! It's going quite quickly. It was my second time doing Upper Fix. I only have one more time with it! This one seems to last longer than some of the others because of the way it's set up. They're all about the same length between 28 and 33 minutes, but instead of being 4 rounds with 2 exercises each, this one is 2 rounds with 5 exercises each round. After you go through the five exercises, you do them all again. If you want a play by play, check out my post 21 Day Fix Day 2 Upper Fix. Oh and I think today's little blurb was, "It doesn't get easier. You get better." I forgot to post the one from yesterday too. I don't think I posted it last week either. I didn't realize that each day had it's own little blurb until I was a few days in. Yesterday's was, "Take it one day at a time and one pound at a time." 

I liked this workout the first time and I liked it the second time. I'm not a huge fan of the push ups or the elbow plank section, but no biggie. I was able to do the regular moves for most of this. I did do the push ups on my knees after doing about three or four half assed push ups. I just can't get down low yet. I got lower than I have, but I'm still not getting low enough. I wasn't able to hold the plank for the full 60 seconds. I crashed at about the 45 second mark. I don't think I'm getting my butt low enough yet either. She said to look three to five inches in front of me, but that puts strain on my neck, so I'm guessing my butt is too high and that's making my head in the wrong place. 

I felt this workout more in my biceps than I did last week. Maybe they'll be sore tomorrow. I still don't think there's much focus at all on the biceps in this workout though unless I just have uber strong biceps. Biceps are a secondary muscle in the rows and a primary in the hammer curl portion of the hammer curls to shoulder press, but that's about it for the biceps. I'm happy to say that my quads do not hurt like they did last week from Total Body Cardio. I can tell I worked them, but they don't hurt today. My glutes are about the same. I can still feel my chest from Saturday's workout, but it's not excessively painful. I'm looking forward to finishing out this round of 21 Day Fix and starting up Pump on the first Monday in February. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is my screen shot. I was surprised to get 2 minutes of vigorous activity. Most of the strength training stuff doesn't get much activity time and very little vigorous minutes. There was some running in place and some jogging in the warm up, but that couldn't have been two minutes of vigorous. I had two minutes of vigorous last week too and 6 minutes of total activity. Apparently, I slacked off this week instead of getting better. Hmmmmmmmmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment