Saturday, January 3, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 6 Food

Day 5 Food

I had the day off from work again so my food was a bit different in some places, but it was also very similar to the rest of the week.

Breakfast Shakeology mixed with my homemade 2% yogurt Greek yogurt. Yesterday, I decided that I wanted to get as much protein as possible out of my food choices. I came to the conclusion that I should turn my 2% yogurt into 2% Greek yogurt. I grabbed the cheesecloth and a strainer and did my thing. This morning, I had a much smaller blob of yogurt in the container and it was almost like a cream cheese consistency. I wasn't really sure how the Shakeology was going to mix into it, but I learned that using a fork to stir it was not the way to go. I ended up grabbing one of my small rubber spatulas. It worked out pretty well. Keep in mind that yesterday was the first time I had ever eaten yogurt with a spoon. Prior to that, it was always watered down with milk so I could drink it or I just didn't use the Organic Valley milk to make the yogurt so it was naturally runny. Once I got the Shakeology mixed in, I licked my spatula before putting it in the sink and discovered that it was decadent! It was like eating frosting right out of the container. I decided to just use the spatula to eat it because it gave me a feeling like I was doing something super bad with my diet but I wasn't. I was eating Shakeology and homemade organic 2% yogurt. There's NOTHING bad in that! It was amazing. However, it was super rich and I almost couldn't finish it. I powered through though. Tomorrow, I'll use less yogurt now that I know the trick to mixing it in is using the spatula.  

Brunch Left over fritatta with pepper and zucchini and a slice of Dave's Killer Bread Good Seed 70 with 1 tsp of peanut butter. 1-1/2 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 tsp

Lunch A giant salad with some raisins and my homemade walnut oil dressing and a turkey burger with cheese.  4 green, 1 red, 1 orange, 1/2 blue

Snack My green juice and a bag of Graze.com microwave popcorn. I'm pretty sure that popcorn isn't part of the 21 Day Fix, but I just don't care. I wanted it so I ate it and it was yummy. It's got maybe 100 calories in it. It popcorn with some rosemary and a little bit of oil on it. 3 green, 1/2 purple

Dinner Turkey burger with cheese with rice, beans and corn. This is the last of the rice, beans and corn. I will have to cook tomorrow!  3 yellow, 1 red, 1 blue

Dessert Blueberry Frozen Yogurt and 5 teaspoons of peanut butter. 1 blue, a smidge red and 3 teaspoons

Totals

Green 8 -  Purple 1-1/2  - Red 5-1/2 and a smidge - Yellow 4 - Blue 1 - Orange 1 - Teaspoons 6

No comments:

Post a Comment