Sunday, November 30, 2014

Review of Daily Burn Day 40: Yoga Balance Flow

Day 40: Yoga Balance Flow

This was just about 53 minutes. It was tagged as hard and it didn't like! I have balance issues. I'm not really sure what possessed me to do it. I knew I had to do it so I could finish off all of these yoga workouts, but it was hard! 

This is another one that didn't have a fast forward option so I won't be doing a play by play. I'm not going to be able to remember all of the things that we did, but I'll touch one some of them. We started out in Mountain pose and really focused on posture and breathing. We did some Vinyasa stuff. We did Surya A (or was it b? I can't remember.) During each round of it, we did a balance thing. The first one was just doing Table with one arm and one foot off the ground. We went through the series again and the second time, we did a similar move with Plank. This was incredibly difficult for me. It's hard enough holding a Plank, but to pick up one foot and one hand. WOWZERS! Then we went through the series again and this time we held a Down Dog with one hand and one foot up in the air. That was pretty hard too! 

This whole workout was about balance, hence the name balance flow. We did some Warrior 3 as well. While in a Warrior 3 type position, but our hands were on the floor. Then we grabbed the plant foot with the hand on the same side. More balance. I was so wobbly! We held that position for a bit and then put the hand down again and did some hops. We did those in the last workout too. These are set up moves to going into a handstand, but they are killer on my legs! I didn't do so well with them. 

We did another series with some crazy balance issues. I did not do well with any of them. So we stood on one leg. Our other leg was bent with our knee up as high as we could get it and we held it up with our hands. Then we were supposed to stretch our leg out straight and grab our toes. My leg just stayed bent. Then we stretched the leg out to the side. Then we bent it again and brought the foot in to our thigh. We held each of those positions for a bit. I was bouncing all over the place. 

We also did the upside down table thing. I don't remember what it's called. You start off on your back and then you go to bridge and then you flip your hands up by your head and up you go onto your head and then up off the ground. Then I think I remember her picking up a hand and a foot or something, but I was still really working on getting up onto my head. That's pretty much all I remember about the workout. A lot of flopping around losing my balance!

After doing this workout, I really wanted to do Tai Cheng from Beachbody. I'm really enjoying yoga and hope that I can find another instructor that is as awesome as this one!

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is the screen shot in all it's glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment