Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Review of Daily Burn Day 37: DB15 Tabata6

Day 37: DB15 Tabata6

I've done a Tabata workout once before. I kinda like Tabata. I can do just about anything for 20 seconds! I picked it today because I was running low on DB15 workouts to do. One needed a balance ball which I didn't have and the other was called Inferno which just sounded like something I wasn't in the mood for. At least I knew I would get 10 second rest spots with Tabata.

We started out with a warm up that included the Rocky Bounce, Windmills and Wrist and Ankle Circles. Then we moved onto the workout. There were three different moves. We did each move for six rounds. We did 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. The first round was Burpees! I hate Burpees! I only had to do them for 20 seconds at a time though so it was okay. Then we did Speed Skaters. I'm not very fond of these either, but it's only 20 seconds! The last round was Dynamic Rows. I've never done these before. I only had 5 pound weights. They weren't really big enough to do Dynamic Rows. You need to be able to hold a plank position while holding the dumbbell. My fingers were squished into my yoga mat while doing these. We started off the first three rounds with just doing them without the weights. Then we did them with the weights for the last three rounds. 

Then we did a cool down. 

I liked this workout. I didn't see other Tabata stuff though. Maybe I was wrong about DB15 being a sampler of a bunch of programs. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here's the screen shot. Weird that I have the same number of total activity minutes and vigorous minutes as the workout from yesterday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment