Monday, November 24, 2014

Review of Daily Burn Day 34: DB15 Yoga

Day 34: DB15 Yoga

It wasn't really on Day 34, but my whole number is so screwed up for Daily Burn right now since I skipped so many days and then did some days with multiple workouts on the same day. On Sunday, I did four workouts and giving them different days helps keep them separated in the blog.

I started out my workout with DBK6 and then moved on to Release Upper Body. I've read that it's good to follow up foam rolling with stretching, so I thought I would knock out this 15 minute Yoga workout. It's part of the DB15 series which is 7 workouts that are 15 minutes each. The program is a 15 day program. It's pretty much a sampler pack of all of the Daily Burn workouts. I'm planning on getting through all of them before my free trial is over. I probably should figure out what I want to get done and make a plan for how to do it before the trial is over. I still have some yoga stuff to get through and there are some others I want to dabble around with too. Eek!

Okay so the workout.........The instructor is the same one who does the Yoga program that I've been doing. I love her Yoga workouts so I thought I would love this, but I didn't really love it. It was like the speed demon version of her workouts. She pretty much took a 30 minute workout and crammed it into 15 minutes. We never really held a pose for more than 10 or 15 seconds. Normally her voice is really relaxing, but she raced through the instructions and I lost that calming part. She's also usually quite playful, but that wasn't there either. I'm not blaming her. She did what she could do in 15 minutes, but it just wasn't my favorite. If I hadn't done her other workouts, I might not have tried them based on this 15 minute experience.

I don't have time to do a play by play, but I'll tell you what I remember as far as the poses that we did. We did a brief warm up and then got into the workout. We did the Vinyasa which is the Down Dog to Plank to Chatturanga to Up Dog back to Down Dog. We did Surya C which was knew or me I think. I honestly can't remember what is involved in Surya C though. We did some folding forward, Warrior 1, Warrior 2 and Lizard. 

If you like fast yoga, you might love this. I prefer my yoga slow and relaxed so this just wasn't my thing. I still think she's an awesome instructor. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is my screen shot. I probably burned more than the 42 calories it shows, but not nearly as many as the Daily Burn people think I burned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment