Thursday, November 6, 2014

Review of Daily Burn Day 16: DBK4 Kettlebells

Day 16: DBK4 Kettlebells

I took yesterday as a rest day. I was sore still from DBK3 and I wasn't really in the mood to workout. I felt guilty about it that night and ended up doing some foam rolling after dinner. Not that foam rolling is much of a calorie burn, but it got me moving. I really enjoyed it too. It was nice to do while watching TV. I could spend however long I needed on each body part. When I woke up this morning, I felt like I had been given a beat down the day before. I felt all bruised up. All of the spots that were trigger points yesterday felt like I had been punched there. It wasn't terribly painful, but it was weird to have all of these random sore spots. A friend who does foam rolling said that it was normal, so I'm not worried about it.

Back to DBK4! This workout followed the same basic format as the previous three. There was a 15ish minute mobility section. This one was a bit different than the previous ones. It was nice to have some different moves. The mobility stuff consisted of some arm circles, some interesting elbow thing that I'm not sure I did correctly, Frog pose and some other similar things. The workout was 8 moves. Each move was done for 30 seconds. There were four rounds. There was a minute rest between each round. After the workout, we did 12ish minutes of yoga poses including Down Dog, Drill Bit (Up Dog with your hands facing backwards), Pigeon, One Arm Locust and several other similar things.

The kettlebell section started off with elbow side plank! I suck at side plank. I suck at elbow plank. I really suck at side elbow plank! I had to keep my knee down for most of it. Even with my knee down it was hard! I've done better with side plank when I was up on my hand, but this elbow thing is hard. They also had their feet on top of each other instead of how I've seen it with one foot in front of the other. 

Then we moved to the Squat and Roll. We were supposed to do a rock bottom squat and then sit on the floor and roll up on our backs. Then we roll back forward and stand up before starting it all over again. I wasn't able to do that. Instead, I did goblet squats. He said that we could pick any of the squats we had done. So I picked the one that I liked the best.

Then we went to One Leg Deadlifts. These didn't go so well for me. I wasn't able to keep my foot flat. I kept losing my balance and going up on the side of my foot. It probably wasn't a good idea, but that's what happened. I missed a few reps because of my balance. I was surprised at how much this worked my raised leg. I thought it was just work my plant leg, but nope! 

Then we moved on to the Kneeling Windmill Sit Through. This was an expansion of a move that we had done in a previous workout. We started off kneeing on one leg with the other leg at a 90 degree angle to the floor. We picked up the kettlebell with the hand of the raised leg. We cleaned it up and then pressed it up. Then we placed the hand of the lowered leg down on the floor. Then we did a windshield wiper move with the lowered leg and then pulled that leg through and sat down. Then we pulled that leg back behind us and went vertical again. I was a little fumbly with this one. I got through it without too much turmoil, but it wasn't really a fun move.

Then we went to the Swinging Clean. I liked this one. It was something I could do, but it was still challenging. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be feeling this one tomorrow. So the swinging clean...You start off with the bell in front of you. You pick it up and spike it back behind you. You bring it up and clean it into the racked position. Then you clean it down and swing it back between your legs again. 

Then we moved onto the One Arm Press. I liked this one too even though I don't like shoulder stuff. My shoulders suck. We got the bell up into a racked position and then rotated the shoulder out and lifted the bell up. Then we lowered it and rotated it back in.

Then we did Alternating Bent Over Rows. Instead of sticking with one side, we set the bell down after each rep and picked it up with the other hand. I love rows. I love any back stuff!

The last move was the Two Arm Swing. Finally! The Swing! I love the Swing! 

So that was the workout in a nutshell. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is the screen shot from my workout. 



No comments:

Post a Comment