Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Review of Daily Burn Day 15: Yoga Surya A

Day 15: Yoga Surya A

I thought about taking a rest day since I was sore from DB3K, but I got up and did some Yoga. It was a day off from work, but I had mystery shopping to do. I'm really digging this Yoga thing since PiYo, so I'm on a mission to do as many of the Yoga workouts from Daily Burn as possible before my 60 day free trial is over. There are some other program that I would like to do, but foam rolling, yoga and kettlebells might just be all that I can handle right now. 

Okay, so Yoga Surya A. This was the same instructor from Yin Yoga and Strength Recovery Yoga. This was a bit of a different set up. Instead of it being her doing the Yoga and then doing a voice over with the instructions, she had her husband doing the Yoga and she talked about what he was doing. I really like this instructor. We needed a yoga strap in this workout, but it was only for one move and a towel or a belt will serve the same purpose. 

I'm not going to do a complete play by play of this workout because there's just too much stuff that happens. We started off in Corpse pose though which is my favorite. I don't think she called it Corpse pose, but that's what it is! We were supposed to get all relaxed. In most of this workout, I wasn't able to see the TV either because my eyes were closed because she said to close them or because the positioning of the pose just didn't make it possible to see the TV. She said to really listen with our ears instead of watching what she was doing. I'm not good at doing that though so I tried to watch when I could.

There's no way to fast forward through this workout on Daily Burn so I'm not going to re-watch it to write about the run down. It started out with some stretching. It felt really good. After we got all stretched out, we moved into plank, chaturanga, up dog, down dog series. It felt vaguely familiar. Apparently this is a common yoga series. We moved through it a lot slower than we did when PiYo. I just can't do the chaturanga. I go down as low as I can and then I just sort of fall onto the floor. It's sad really. 

Once we did that series a few times, we went through some more stretching and we finished up. This was definitely not a weight loss yoga workout. Although, they said that I should have burned over 300 calories. My BodyMedia device said I burned less than 100. Oh well! I'm excited to do more of these Yoga workouts from Daily Burn. I do worry that I'm doing them because I'm just not in the mood to get all huffy and puffy and these are just calm and relaxing. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is my screen shot for the workout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment