Saturday, November 1, 2014

Review of Daily Burn Day 12: Strength Recovery Yoga

Day 12: Strength Recovery Yoga

Day 12 of Kettlebells is supposed to be Full Mobility, but as I mentioned in my previous post, I've given up on doing the kettlebell program the way it's laid out in the calendar. I want to get in as many different workouts as possible during my 60 day free trial. I will admit that I came to this conclusion after I decided that I just don't like the mobility exercises. I've been dying to do foam rolling so I was going to do the full body foam rolling workout this morning. However, it required a tennis ball and I didn't have any. All of the foam rolling workouts use a tennis ball according to the blurb about them, so I went with a Yoga workout instead. I picked Strength Recovery Yoga because it's part of the kettlebell pogram. It's the last yoga workout in the program. It doesn't show up in the schedule until much later, but I did it early just because I wanted to.

Okay so the workout is very similar to the Yin Yoga workout that I did on Day 5, but it was much less intense. It's led by the same instructor and has the same set up. It's just her in a room doing Yoga. She does a voice over with the instructions. I found that a bit annoying the first time around, but I got used to it. This was all about stretching and relaxing. We didn't do anything that was strenuous. I felt cheated out of Pigeon! I love Pigeon, but we didn't do it in this one. We did hold Down Dog for a bit and I'm pretty sure I felt that in my glutes and hamstrings later. It's hard to know if it was residual from yesterday's DBK2 or if it was from today's Yoga. 

There was some stuff in this workout that was just way beyond my flexibility level or my mobility level. I'm still working on figuring out the difference between those two. Anyway, I learned that I really need to work on flexibility or mobility in my back. My back was really tight and I couldn't reach my toes! I read recently that foam rolling can really help extend my range of motion with toe touches. I'm hoping it works! Tomorrow, I foam roll! 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is my screen shot. It's rather unimpressive, but this was stretching yoga and not weight loss yoga. I wasn't expecting much of a burn. However, the Daily Burn people think I should have burned like three times this amount.  

No comments:

Post a Comment