Saturday, November 1, 2014

Review of Daily Burn Day 11: DBK2

Day 11: DBK2

Day 11 was DBK2. I actually took a rest day between Day 10 and Day 11. Day 10 was DBK1 and it really worked my hamstrings. I thought that was pretty funny because I think on Day 10, I was complaining that the workout wasn't enough and I was ready to move on to DBK3 and DBK4. When I went to bed, I knew I was goingto have sore hamstrings in the morning. The sore hamstrings aren't actually why I took the rest day. In the afternoon of Day 10, my left knee started to hurt. I didn't tweak it or anything. It just started to hurt. In the middle of the night, I got up to go potty and my knee still hurt. When I woke up at 4:00 AM with my alarm buzzing in my head, I stood up and my knee hurt. I then climbed back into bed an decided to call it a rest day. I woke up in about 45 minutes and hung out on the couch for a bit. When it was time to get into the shower, my knee didn't hurt. I felt guilty about taking the rest day after that! 

The next day, I woke up fine, so I did DBK2. I did this workout for the first time on Day 3 of my Daily Burn trial. I loved it then and I still love it. However, it didn't make me sore. I'm not getting to failure or even close to failure except during the arm circles and the arm bar thing and those don't really count as failure. I'm really looking forward to doing DBK3 and DBK4! 

Day 12 is supposed to be Full Mobility and Day 13 is supposed to be Yin Yoga. I've done Full Mobility and wasn't a fan. I've done Yin Yoga too and actually liked it, but I've decided not to do this plan the way it's laid out. I only get 60 days with Daily Burn and I want to try as many workouts as I can during that time frame.

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is my screen shot. I show less calories on this than they show that I should have burned. Maybe if I did the lunges faster I would get up there with them. I'm not a fan of that section. They want you to go super low and I just can't, so I go super slow and try to get as low as I possibly can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment