Sunday, October 19, 2014

Review of Beachbody PiYo Day 49 Seven Weeks Done!


Day 49: Strength Intervals

Today was Day 49. I've completed seven whole weeks of PiYo. I only have one week left before I earn my T-shirt! I'm so happy that I've made it this far. My body hates me though. Not so much because of PiYo, but more the decision to do PiYo and Kettlebells at the same time. I'm not really sure what prompted that crazy decision, but that's what I decided and that's what I'm sticking with. 

Today was the last time for Strength Intervals, and I can honestly say that I will not miss this workout. I feel like I'm constantly saying how much I hate these workouts, but honestly, it's just three workouts out of the entire thing that I don't like. Sweat, Strength Intervals and Drench. I just do those three so much more than the others it seems. I love Buns, Core, Define: Upper Body and Define: Lower Body. I haven't done Hardcore on the Floor yet. I really should have done it. I'll do it next Sunday so Drench isn't my last PiYo workout of the round. I also have to do the Turbo Fire 20 minute workout that came with PiYo. 

Okay so the workout......As I mentioned already, I'm just not a fan of it. My foot doesn't like all the running in place. I should wear shoes, but I hate working out in shoes. I'm also not a huge fan of the fast paced cardio followed immediately by some strength training thing. The change from super fast cardio to hardly moving usually makes me want to throw up. I got through it and the workout is pretty short. This workout is refreshing in a way though. It's completely different than the other workouts in the series which is nice. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

I got 9 minutes of vigorous activity! That made my day! Those 9 minutes were torture though. I just haven't been doing much vigorous stuff lately so my wee little heart and sad lungs can't really take it. I was huffing and puffing more than I feel like I should have been. Just like skipping leg day for too long makes your legs all wimpy, skipping high intensity cardio for too long makes your lungs and heart wimpy! I'm hoping that as I get further into Kettlebells, I'll get more cardio involved. Those swings were pretty intense during that swing clinic, but we don't get to do those just yet. We need to work on the techniques that will make us good swingers first. PiYo is definitely making my legs stronger though. 


Want to Learn More? Watch the video

If you're interested in buying PiYo, make sure you buy it from a Coach so you get the extra DVD for free. If you don't have a coach, you can buy it through me at my Beachbody page




PiYo DEFINE YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment