Thursday, October 16, 2014

Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash


Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

Everyone on Facebook seems to adore spaghetti squash. I have tried so hard to like it. I made it a few times, but have just not been in love. It doesn't stop me from continuing to try it though. I saw something about Lasagna Stuff Spaghetti Squash and thought I'd give it another try. I scoured the Internet and finally decided on this recipe. I changed things up a bit though. Instead of a 1/4 lb of chicken sausage, I used 12 ounces. Instead of using 20 ounces of ground turkey, I used 16 ounces. I skipped the onion because I forgot to buy one. I used a 25ish ounce can of crushed tomatoes. I don't remember exactly how many ounces it was. I skipped the red pepper flakes. I think I used full fat cheese for all of the cheeses, but I might have used a reduced fat cottage cheese. I can't remember since it's been about a week since I made it.

I used the small spaghetti squashes which were a lot easier to cut than the big ones I've done in the past. I think that I never cooked the squash enough in the past. This recipe said to cook it for 40-60 minutes. I cooked it for about 50. I did PiYo while the squash cooked. That's how long I cooked the big ones for and these were a lot smaller. 

The Results!

I finally found a way to like spaghetti squash. I will definitely make this again. The recipe called for two squashes, but one serving was only half of the squash. So we had left overs. I had ruined the skins of the second squash, so I mixed it up in a baking dish and made it like a baked ziti. It came out pretty good, but I added too much cheese so it was a bit soupy the second night. It was still flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment