Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Review of Beachbody PiYo Day 24


Day 24: Buns!


This was my second time doing this workout. The first time with PiYo Buns was on Day 16. I honestly didn't remember much about the workout. They all sort of blend together for me. I'm not sure how I didn't remember it though. The thing had lunges and squats galore. Looking back at the schedule, the days leading up to this workout the first time weren't too heavy in the legs, so maybe that's what the difference was. My calves were still sore from the hike on Sunday and my quads, glutes and hamstrings were still a bit weak. They weren't painful, but they were not at full strength for sure. 

Apparently the workout was torture for me the first time. I don't really remember it. It was hard, but it was doable. I was able to get through most of it without too many breaks. I didn't modify very much of it either. I like it when I don't have to modify. I did have to modify the part where we do elbow planks and raise one leg off the ground. I just can't do that one yet. I'm still trying it, but it's just not happening. I missed a couple reps in a couple other parts. I think when we were down on all fours and doing this leg sweep to the side. Those are hard for me. 

After I got done with the workout, I was thinking of how to incorporate this one into my Les Mills Combat/PiYo hybrid. I wish it didn't have burpees, but the rest was great. Her burpees aren't nearly as sucky as the Les Mills Combat ones too so that helps. So far for my Hybrid, I want all of the Combat workouts, but not the HIIT ones from Les Mills. I also want to have Define: Upper Body and Define: Lower Body in the mix for the first week or two. Core and Buns will definitely be in there. Strength Intervals will not be in there. The jury is still out on Sweat. It did require two rest days my first time, so it has to be doing good, but I'm just not a huge fan of it. I could change my mind though. Tomorrow is Drench! It will be my first time doing Drench. Next Monday, I do Sculpt for the first time and the week after that I do Hardcore on the Floor for the first time. Then that's it for new workouts. I think I'm glad that I did Core instead of Hardcore on the Floor yesterday. It means that I get a new workout in week 3. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot


At least it doesn't think I was on the couch the entire time. These calorie burns are really starting to depress me. I haven't lost any weight since starting PiYo. I keep bouncing from 272 to 269. I'm sure it's all water related and I know I haven't been perfect with my nutrition, but it's just depressing. However, I realized recently that my T-shirts can now work as night shirts and I'm just about ready to go down to the next size pair of jeans! That will put me in a smaller pair of pants than my husband for the first time since I've known him. I've been in 40s before, but when I was wearing 40s, he was wearing 38s. Yes, we wear the same brand and style of jeans. It can get quite annoying when I pull his out of the dryer instead of mine. I gave up on womens clothes a long time ago. It was easier to find stuff that I could fit into in the mens department. I don't even know what womens size I wear at this point! 




Want to Learn More? Watch the video


If you're interested in buying PiYo, make sure you buy it from a Coach so you get the extra DVD for free. If you don't have a coach, you can buy it through me at my Beachbody page




PiYo DEFINE YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment