Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Review of Beachbody PiYo Day 23


Day 23: Core

Today was the first day that I was given a choice of which workout to do. I could do Core which I've done before or Hardcore on the Floor which is the free workout you get if you buy the program through a coach. I was exhausted last night so I decided to set the alarm for an hour later this AM and workout after I got home from work. It felt like a great idea this morning, but not so much when I got home and knew I still needed to workout. I actually forgot about it until I was perusing Facebook and read all of these posts asking me what I did today for my workout. I realized that I hadn't workout. Then I procrastinated for far too long before actually working out. I think part of the procrastinating was because I didn't know if I wanted to do the new workout or the old workout! I waited so long that my only option was to do the old workout since it would be a shorter blog post. 

I'm glad that I made that decision too. I always feel out of sorts with a new workout. I've only done this one three times before so it's still pretty new for me, but I've done it a few times so I'm more familiar with the moves. I still have to sit back and watch sometimes though since I'm really slow to pick up exercise programs. I have a hard time reversing them and moving my limbs in the correct direction. If they would just turn around and face the same way as me, it would be easier.

You can read a play by play of the workout from my Day 10 of PiYo. I used my weight lifting gloves for the first time for this workout today. I'm not sure if my mat was just less sweaty or if I figured out how to have proper placement of my body parts, but I didn't have the slipping that I've had and I didn't have pain between my fingers from the gloves pushing there. The workout itself went fairly well too. I felt much stronger. I didn't do so well with the stand up ab section, but for the rest of it, I think I did great! I was still huffing and puffing and blowing the house down during the Criss Cross stuff, but I didn't take a break during that section. In the previous attempts at this workout, I stopped a few times during the Criss Cross stuff. I didn't have perfect form and my legs weren't parallel to the floor or anything, but I kept going! That's a first for me.

I'm did some of the Side Plank stuff without modifying it. It wasn't pretty and my arm shook the entire time, but I got up there and I held it as long as I could. I even did one or two PiYo Pikes and some of the Side Bends without modifying them! I still felt like a goober doing the section where you lay on your back and peel yourself up off the floor before going into a side plank then a side bend then a PiYo Pike and then roll back to your butt to roll back on the floor. Not a fan of that section. I suck at it, I end up facing the wrong direction and I slowly work my way across the floor. I feel like a fish out of water on that one.

I feel great about this workout though. I'm pretty stoke with the improvement that I've made with this workout specifically. It might have felt more successful since I wasn't sore in the abs going into it. I did this workout last Wednesday, so I had a full week to recover from it. Tomorrow is Buns! It's been a week since I did that one the first time, but I don't think I'll feel all uber strong since I did the hike on Sunday and my calves still hurt plus I did Sweat on Saturday and on Monday. My buns haven't gotten much of a rest since the last time I worked them with Buns. Thursday is Drench for the first time! I'm scared!

BodyMedia Screen Shot

I don't care what the numbers on this say! I did better! I'm stronger! I am going to conquer this workout!

Want to Learn More? Watch the video

If you're interested in buying PiYo, make sure you buy it from a Coach so you get the extra DVD for free. If you don't have a coach, you can buy it through me at my Beachbody page




PiYo DEFINE YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment