Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Review of Beachbody PiYo Day 17


Day 17: Core

Today was Day 17 of PiYo. Day 17 was Core. I did Core for the first time last week on Day 10. As I'm approaching Day 20, it dawned on me that I never made a big announcement on Day 10 about being 1/6 of the way done with the program! When I was doing Les Mills Combat, I was so proud of those achievements. I think with PiYo, I'm just happy to get through a day that I don't even think of it in terms of a 60 day program.  Okay, fun fact. I just looked at the calendar and realized that it's not a 60 day program. It's an 8 week program. Apparently on Day 10, I wasn't 1/6 of the way through. I inadvertently did mark the milestone moments for this workout on day 7 and day 14 when I included Week 1 Done and Ween 2 Done in the titles of the posts. I feel way less dorky now. Oddly though, I do feel a little cheated out of four days! I thought it was a 60 day program. This moment is like turning on my 60 minute Les Mills Combat workout to find out that it's only 52 minutes! This is actually a good thing though since there will be that many less overlapped days with Daily Burn. Okay back on track here.......

This workout is pretty intense. I have to modify a lot of stuff in it. My abs were a bit sore before I even started this thing and my glutes and hamstrings were also sore so I wasn't really looking forward to doing this. Once I got all warmed up and into the workout, it was better, but I was still sore and ended up modifying more than the last time. I was able to do some of the Side Plank unmodified before, but this time I just couldn't do it. I think I did better in the Criss Cross section though. I still took a few breaks and my form wasn't stellar. My legs were going straight up for a good portion of it, but I got through it. My legs wanted nothing to do with the standing ab section. What kind of crazy idea was it to put Core after Buns with that standing ab section. Wowzers! Torture! The workout seemed to be over pretty quickly though. 

I am having some significant lower back pain. It's really noticeable when I stand up after being seated for a bit. It feels like I've done a boat load of back extensions. I never was very fond of those things. I'm hoping it's just DOMS. She does mention in this workout that you might feel lower back pain and pain on your sides, but it's okay. Let's just hope this level of pain is okay in her mind. 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here is another unimpressive BodyMedia screen shot of the workout. It's really sad that I'm killing myself doing Criss Cross and other things that are just insane for me to do and it thinks I only was active for 1 minute. Very disappointing. 




Want to Learn More? Watch the video

If you're interested in buying PiYo, make sure you buy it from a Coach so you get the extra DVD for free. If you don't have a coach, you can buy it through me at my Beachbody page

PiYo DEFINE YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment