Friday, September 12, 2014

Review of Beachbody PiYo Day 11 and Day 12


Day 11: Define: Upper Body

I actually did this workout on Day 9, but I didn't want to skip Day 11 in my PiYo diary. 

Day 12: Sweat

Today was supposed to be Rest Day, but I wanted to rest this weekend. We've got a hike planned on Sunday and I don't want to do some killer leg workout before the hike. I'm going to do Sunday's workout on Monday plus Monday's workout. We'll see how that goes. 

I'm not a huge fan of PiYo Sweat. It has a ton of push ups which I suck at. It also moves at a faster pace. We changed from one position to another fairly quickly. We didn't stick with any specific move for very long. I did this workout for the first time back on Day 4. I discovered that I was doing one of the moves wrong. Oh joy! There is one spot where we're in Down Dog, but then we raised one foot up off the floor. We opened up our hip and pointed our toe out to the side. Then we were supposed to tap our foot down to the heel of the other leg. While doing that, we were supposed to go from the Down Dog down into a Plank position. I was just moving my leg. I discovered this issue while watching the Core workout to do my play by play of that workout yesterday. When I did this move correctly, OMG, it was torture! 

I did the burpees today, but I didn't do the hop during the squats. This workout was pretty much torture for me today. I tried all of the push ups on my toes. I didn't go down very far, but I stayed on my toes. I tried to go deeper in all of the moves. I did a lot better with the Warrior 3 pose and the Three Point Balance. I'm definitely getting better at this, but it's still pretty hard for me! 

BodyMedia Screen Shot

Here it is. It's not very impressive. I just need to get used to that. 


Want to Learn More? Watch the video

If you're interested in buying PiYo, make sure you buy it from a Coach so you get the extra DVD for free. If you don't have a coach, you can buy it through me at my Beachbody page




PiYo DEFINE YOURSELF

No comments:

Post a Comment