Monday, September 15, 2014

Graze.com Review of Box 39

What it is and why I get it

Graze.com is a mail order snack subscription service that is uber awesome! You give them $6.49 and they send you four healthy snacks. They are portion controlled so you don't have to worry about scooping out one serving and getting a dish dirty or going back for extra! They are going to have a Big Box sometime in the future. The Big Box is more like NatureBox where you get large bags that you have to portion out yourself. You save money, but you only give five different things in a month instead of oodles of different things in the small box and you are messing with fire if you're trying to control your portions. Some of these snacks are so yummy that I would just keep the bag on my lap and munch on them all day long! If you want to sign up for graze.com, you can use my referral code. JAIMIE49P. You'll get your first and fifth boxes free and I get a dollar that I can use towards a box or I can donate to their farming school. I've donated them all to the farming school so far. 

The Packaging

The snacks are in rigid plastic with a plastic film peel away lid. The plastic containers are then placed in a paperboard box. The top image on the box changes around a bit. It's been several weeks since I've seen a new one so I think I've seen them all. 


Lightly Salted Popping Corn

This stuff is super yummy. It's pretty much the best microwave popcorn ever. You have to be super careful though. It's a really small bag for microwave popcorn since it's just one serving. It's a big serving for one person, but it's still as mall box compared to normal microwave popcorn. You can burn it super fast and it's too good to be burned! 


Tropical Daiquiri

It has green mango, lime raisins and pineapple. Graze.com is how I discovered my love of green mango. I'm also developing a love of pineapple. So far just dried pineapple. I'm not a fan of the texture, but give me time. I might start eating the fresh stuff. I've gotten this before and marked it Love back then. I'm keeping it Love. the mango is to die for. Although, I didn't know in the beginning that they put added sugar on the mango. I wish they didn't do that. 


Hot Cross Yum

It has orange raisins, sponge pieces & cinnamon honey almonds. I have this as Like, but it really needs to get Trashed soon. I'm trying to avoid processed foods and those little cookies are processed. It's a super yummy snack though. I love all the yumminess on the almonds. 


Brownie Flapjack

This is a rustic rolled oat flapjack with brownie pieces. I wasn't a fan of this the first time and I thought I marked it Trash, but then it showed up so I discovered that I didn't mark it Trash. I have since marked it Trash. There are much yummier flapjacks out there. I'm not fond of the brownie pieces in this one. It also doesn't have that really super yummy buttery flavor of some of the other flapjacks. I really wanted to brush my teeth when I was done with this one. 


Nutrition Facts

 Here are the Nutrition Facts. The ingredients list on here is relatively new. It's also making me realize that some of the snacks have extra sugar in them. I thought most of the dried fruit was just that, but several of them have sugar. I adore my snacks from this service, but I'm slowly weeding out the processed foods and I'll be moving on to getting rid of the added sugar at some point. I don't want to give up my Tropical Daiquiri though!


No comments:

Post a Comment