Monday, August 18, 2014

Review of Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 3 Mile Super Fat Burning workout with weighted balls


What I did and why

I started a trial to Gaiam TV and I wanted to do as many of the Leslie Sansone DVDs as I could. I picked this one not realizing that I had already done it. I was pretty bummed once I realized it, but I wasn't going to stop the workout. I just re-read my first and second reviews of this workout and I'm glad that I did a repeat workout today. Sometimes, it's good to do workouts again and compare how you felt after a few months. I did this back in March. I did it once with the weighted balls and once without them. Apparently this was a rather challenging workout for me during both of my previous attempts.

The Workout

It started off with the four basic moves and then pretty much just repeated them all the way through. You can read my previous posts about it to learn more. I found it to be rather repetitive. A few minutes into the workout, the sound and video got out of sync. I found it highly annoying to watch her lips move after she had finished speaking. This was a good workout, but it didn't have the same impact on me today as it did on my previous attempts. I didn't really find her to be overly chatty and I didn't find any of the moves to go on for an excessive amount of time. I did feel it in my shoulders when we were doing the weighted balls up over our heads and when we did the tricep move with the weighted balls. My legs weren't tingly while I was at work today.

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my screen shots for the workout. This workout had a nice arc to it as most of Leslie Sansone's workouts do. I'm not sure what that dip just to the right of center is from. Maybe I slowed my feet down too much during a water break. I'm not really sure. 


Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor

Here are the stats from my Polar FT7 heart rate monitor. Maybe one day, I'll get the weblink thing so I don't have to take pictures. It's really hard for me to take pictures of my watch. I'm not sure why, but it just is. The calorie burn on this was 247 calories less than the BodyMedia device. The difference between these two devices is pretty staggering for me. If this thing is accurate, I could be eating way more food than I should be according to the BodyMedia Fit. If the BodyMedia Fit is accurate, than there are a lot of people out there thinking that they are burning less calories than they really are. These are things that will keep me up at night! 



No comments:

Post a Comment