Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Leslie Sansone 2 Mile High Calorie Burn with my new FT7 HRM


What I did and why

Last night, I got my Polar FT7 heart rate monitor from Amazon. I was so excited to try it out and compare it to my BodyMedia device! I didn't want to do anything too crazy intense because I was pretty sore from my morning workout (and the 10 workouts before it!) and knew that I didn't want to make myself more sore since I still have one day left of Les Mills Combat. I looked over my DVD collection and decided that the 2 mile High Calorie Burn from the 5-Day Fit Walk would be my best option. I wanted a 30 minute workout, and I wanted something pretty simple.I remember this workout being pretty easy back in the day. It turned out to be rather intense though because my legs are just so bloody sore! I found myself wishing she would just let me go back to walking in place. I got a little out of breath, but it wasn't anything too crazy. It was mainly hard just because of my muscle soreness/weakness from Les Mills Combat. I only have one day left though so a rest day is coming! A rest week might be coming. Okay, getting sidetracked.

How did they compare?

I'll write more about the HRM later on it's own post, but for now, I wanted to document the results for each of them for this workout. The HRM is definitely lower in the calorie burn department. I'm not really sure which one to trust! I'm so torn by this. My husband and I talked about it last night and he thinks I should trust the BodyMedia device. I've read up on it online today and I tend to agree with that. The BodyMedia doesn't take your heart rate into account, but it does take motion, temperature and moisture into account when figuring the calorie burn. It seems like all of that would have a better result. Maybe I should do one of those 1000 calorie workouts on YouTube and compare the two! Whichever is closest to 1000 calories wins! I shouldn't say these things because I'll go do them! I don't have the thing to transfer the data from the HRM to the computer so I don't have a screen shot of that. I'm still trying to decide if I should keep the HRM or just stick with the BodyMedia. I was kind of wanting to get away from BodyMedia to get away from the monthly fee, but I really like the info I get from it so I'll keep it. The HRM will not replace it that's for sure. I'm just not sure how to fit the HRM into my life just yet. 

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment