Saturday, July 26, 2014

Review of Beachbody Les Mills Combat Day 41


What I did and why

Today was Day 41 of Les Mills Combat! This was the last workout of Week 6. I have 2-1/2 weeks left! Woot woot! Today was Shock Plyo. If you've been following along, you'll know that I have never been a fan of Shock Plyo. It involves jumping, lunging and burpeeing! 

Shock Plyo

You can read a play by play of Shock Plyo on Day 5 when I did Shock Plyo for the first time. I haven't done this workout in about 18 days. It was a glorious 18 days! I wasn't really looking forward to doing this workout since I knew about all of the jumping and lunging and burpeeing! I did it though because it's part of the program. I did it as best I could and those 18 days made me stronger! I didn't modify the burpees! I wasn't able to keep up with them, but I did them the way they did them. I kicked my legs out and I kicked them back to the front. When they added the squats, I did the squats, but I didn't jump with them. 

I tried doing the front lunges, but I didn't do so well with them so I just did rear lunges. I didn't do the plyo lunges, but no one is surprised by that I'm sure. I wasn't a big fan of the final stand up track, but I wasn't expecting that I would be. I knew what was coming! I knew that I would have to do skaters (drop taps) and the ski jump squat thing. I got through it, and I'm happy I did, but it wasn't fun! I miss  my kicking and punching!

I did the power climbers on my toes until I just couldn't do them and then I went down on my knees. I tried to do the leg lift thing with the planks, but it didn't go so well, so I just kept my feet on the ground. I wasn't able to hold the plank for the whole time they did either. I really need to work on my planking. 

Getting better at this DVD makes me dislike it less, but I'm not looking forward to having to do it four more times. I have to do it twice in one week! That's just NOT nice! 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia screen shots. The first time I did this workout, I had 20 minutes of activity and 3 minutes of vigorous activity. I'm not sure how I went DOWN in overall activity though. That makes NO sense. I put more oomph into this one. I did the burpiess! How did it go down! Oh well, I really don't care what my workout stats are for these since I don't think the BodyMedia is very accurate with them. It's great when I'm buzzing around, though. I'm looking forward to rest day. We're not going hiking, so I hope to sleep until noon!


No comments:

Post a Comment