Sunday, July 27, 2014

Morning Berry Juice Take 2

What I made and why

I wanted to use up the ingredients that I had from my first try at Morning Berry Juice, so I just threw it all in our Omega NC800 HDR 5th Generation Nutrition Center Juicer, but it wasn't in the same combinations. 

The Ingredients

I used up the rest of the strawberries, half a grapefruit and three carrots. I peeled the carrots and grapefruit and took the stems out of the strawberries. I pulled the grapefruit apart so I could fit it into the juicer.I didn't cut the strawberries or the carrots.  


On the right is the juice and on the left is the pulp. There was more pulp this time around. I put it on a different nozzle setting this time in hopes of getting more stuff through. I had a lot of stuff get stuck in the auger the last time I made it. I had less stuff get stuck this time, but more pulp came out.


There was less juicer this time. The first time, it was nearly a full mason jar, but this time, it was about half of the mason jar. 


The Verdict

I took this to work and drank it right after finishing my salad at lunch. The guys at work love when I bring new things to try during break. Apparently, I make some interesting faces when trying new things. This was pretty pulpy just like the first time around. The flavor was fine while I was drinking it, but once I was done, it had an odd aftertaste. I choked the whole thing down and nearly immediately felt like I was on a sugar crash. My head was seriously spinning and I could barely focus on anything. I don't think I'll be trying this sweet little concoction again. After drinking this juice, I decided that I wanted to try some green juice. It's pretty funny though since I'm not a fan of green things! My husband wanted me to try green juice when we got the juicer, but I didn't want to and now I do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment