Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pre-Les Mills Combat Stats

I forgot to post my stats before starting the 60 day workout plan for Beachbody Les Mills Combat. I'm not posting the pictures that my husband took, but I will post the stats.

Weight = 290 pounds (Although the day prior I was 288 so I'm assuming I was holding onto a couple pounds of water)
Bust = 50.75
Chest = 44
Right Arm = 13
Left arm = 12.5
Waist = 49
Hips =  51.5
Right Thigh = 31
Left Thigh = 31.5
Fat Percentage = 46.8% (I think this is lower than reality. I use the one where you hold onto the thing with your hands. Most of my fat is below the waist so I never really trust this thing, but it's a fun gadget)

Funny story about my arms and thighs not being the same. When I was a kid, my mother used to talk about eating things in pairs so her hips would be even. I adopted the same thought process as a joke. I can't tell you how many times I've eaten things in pairs and said the same thing. My arms and legs aren't even though! I was absolutely crushed when I saw that. I didn't have these measurements professionally done or anything. My husband measured me. That was a humbling experience. I've always done it on my own in the bathroom where no one can see. I used the mirror to see if it was even, but I used tunnel vision and didn't actually look at my hugeness.

Looking at these numbers was pretty depressing. Back in like 2002, I wore mens pants that had a waist of 32. My left thigh is 31.5 inches. Those pants would fit one leg now.

I haven't done a weigh in post in a bit so this will count as my weigh in post as well. I've hit some milestones lately. I got to 25 pounds of weight loss which is only the second time that I've done that. I got under 290 pounds. I was 290 yesterday for the weight in before starting this workout, but on Saturday, I was most definitely 288 pounds! I was pretty happy! I've got some more milestones coming up. I'm quickly approaching 30 pounds of weight loss and right behind that will be 10% of my starting weight lost! Shortly after that, I will re-earn my butterfly tattoo.

A few years ago, I decided to lose weight. I started out small by getting a Wii Fit and I did that at home for a bit. I also did some at home DVDs. I then joined a gym and got a trainer. At the beginning of that, I got a Garfield tattoo to remind me of where I had been. Fat and lazy. I decided I wanted to lose 150 pounds. At the time I was 303 pounds. At each 25 pound mark, I was going to get a butterfly tattoo. I got the first tattoo and was scheduled to get the second one, but the tattoo artist bailed on me. I set another appointment and he bailed again. That was pretty much the point where I unraveled and started to gain the weight back. It was very slow to come back, and I can't say that it was his fault that it happened, but that was the beginning of the end for me. I don't really have a reason for it. I know that soon after that I developed this insane cough that just wouldn't go away. I was afraid to go to the gym until I knew what was going on. By the time I figured out what was going on, I had pretty much given up on the gym and working out. I did some, but the diet wasn't under control so I wasn't losing weight so I wasn't getting anywhere but more depressed.

I'm rambling now..........soooooooo 303 - 25 = 278. sooooooooooo I have 10 (or 12 depending on which day you count as the official weight) to lose before I re-earn that butterfly. The tattoo has bothered me ever since I went back over 278. It's been a reminder of how I let myself gain back 50 pounds plus an extra 14 pounds! I never wanted to be over 300 again, but I found myself there. I'm under it now and I need to stay there.

3 comments:

  1. Great job for losing weight you have lost! I think I'm at 51.2% body fat so I have quite a ways to go and no motivation to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for losing weight you have lost! I think I'm at 51.2% body fat so I have quite a ways to go and no motivation to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was my first Beachbody program. I really enjoyed it and it got me addicted to Beachbody programs. I love that there's a calendar to follow so I don't have to come up with a plan for what I'm going to do. It really helped me with my motivation to continue. When I started Les Mills Combat, I honestly didn't think I'd get through the 60 day program, but as I finished off each week, I realized that if I could do one week, I could do one more week and all of those one more weeks turned into me finishing a 60 day program. I also like "trophies" and at the end, I submitted my pictures and got my t-shirt. I got the biggest size they had and it's still too small to wear in public, but that doesn't matter. I earned that shirt and that's what matters to me.

      Delete