Monday, May 26, 2014

Trapped in a Fat Chick's Step Routine

What I did and why

About two weeks ago, I joined a challenge on Girlfriends Weight Loss Support Group on Facebook. It was a 43 day challenge to do something every day. Today was Day 15 of this challenge. I had successfully completed every day of the challenge prior to today. I didn't have a set goal for today. I procrastinated on doing anything. At 4:30 PM, I pulled up Facebook and saw the Day 15 post and realized that I was coming dangerously close to blowing the challenge. The challenge didn't have a specific amount of time that we needed to workout or anything, so I thought about just walking around for 10 minutes, but instead, I took out my step and set my BodyMedia Workout tab to 20 minutes. I decided to do my own step routine for 20 minutes!

The Workout

I intended to just a basic step for the whole time. You know the normal step up with the left, up with the right down with the left down with the right and then reverse it at some point, but I got creative. I did the normal basic thing, but then I also stepped up with the left and did a knee raise with the right then down with the right and down with the left. Then up with the right, knee left with the left down with the left, down with the right. I also stepped off to the left with my left foot and then down with the right, up with the right, up with the left over to the right with the right and then down with the left and back again. Oh and my favorite move (well not really favorite) was a bit of a lunge. While both feet were on the step, I stepped back off the step with my left foot and did a small lunge and then stepped back up on the step then I did the same with the right. I rotated around with all of these (except the lunge thing, I only did that one once) for 20 minutes. I had set the timer for 20 minutes, but didn't think I would get past 5 minutes. I was striving for 10. Once I hit 20, I was actually a bit disappointed that I hadn't set it for 30 minutes. 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia screen shots for the workout. It wasn't anything too impressive, but considering I was just sitting on the couch all day, this was pretty cool. I had a full 20 minutes of moderate activity, but I didn't get anywhere close to getting to vigorous. I wasn't looking for anything crazy though. I just needed to move to long enough to not fail on the 43 day challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment