Monday, May 26, 2014

My Week in Review

Refresher of what I had planned


The plan was workout all week. I had to do at least one 1 hour/4 mile workout and I could only do one 10 minute/1 mile workout. I also said that I couldn't have any cookies or chips. You can read the whole post from last Monday. It was titled It's Time to Get Real.


How did I do?

I'm actually pretty proud of myself! On Monday, I did Firm 30 on Walk it Off in 30 Days by Leslie Sansone. On Tuesday, I did Start! Walking at Home with Leslie Sansone 3 Mile. On Wednesday, I did Jessica Smith Latin Spice Walk. On Thursday, I did Leslie Sansone Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles. On Friday, I did Jessica Smith 10 Minute Toning Walk II. I did't come up with a plan for the weekend, but I knew that I had to do something. We went for a walk along the Deschutes River Trail on Saturday and on Sunday, we walked in the Oregon Badlands Wilderness.



I didn't eat any cookies or chips! I watched my husband eat some nachos, but I fought the urge! It was hard, but I did it! Unfortunately, I still ate some soup and some frozen pizza! Both of them were filled with salt and salt fills me with retained water! The hike on Sunday also left me with a couple sore muscles, and sore muscles fill me up with retained water! I also ate a mini ice cream cup worth 220 calories.



Which means......I didn't hit my 25 pounds of weight loss like I had expected. I came sooooo close though. On Thursday, I made it to 293. I just needed one more pound! This morning though for my official weigh in, thanks to the soup and the sore muscles, I weighed in at 294. I'm soooooooooooo bummed! I really wanted to hit 25 pounds! I'm sure I'll get there by Wednesday when I can get rid of some of this excess water, but I'm still bummed. I'm not bummed enough to gorge on sugar and salt though! Not that we have anything like that in the house anyway. I think my husband read my post last week. He bought chips that I don't like and he skipped buying any cookies. He went to the store this morning and bought creamer, but didn't buy donuts. I soooooooo would have eaten one too. I was actually hoping that he would come home with some.


Current Stats

Weight - 294
Total Weight Loss - 23 pounds
I forgot to check my BodyFat % and BMI today
Pants - 44 comfortably, but I wore a pair of 42s for the hike. They were wicked tight though
Shirt 3x mens, but I can wear a 2x, but I feel better in the 3x since it covers more of my belly


My Plan for the Week

I've been trying to come up with a good plan, but it's 6:00 PM on Monday, and I haven't really come up with one. I've been wanting to do the exercise plan in Thin In 10, so I suppose that now is as good a time as any to get this thing going. When I took the test, I was tagged as a Novice, but I'm going to try the Intermediate plan. it's 30 minutes a day. The plan is to do this Tuesday through Friday. I'll probably do the DVD instead of the book exercises, but I might try the book stuff too, but I might let that part wait for another time. I'm not sure yet. I'm not sure what I'll do on the weekend. We might have plans on Saturday. I'm hoping to still get in at least one hike. I don't want to commit to a specific plan for the weekend, but I will do at least 20 minutes of exercise even if I have to pull out the step and do my own routine while we watch TV.

The pictures are from our hike to the top of Smith Rock. Our first winter here, we climbed to the top of misery ridge. I was about 20 pounds lighter then and in much better shape from all of the hiking that we had been doing in the Gorge plus my walking on the treadmill at the gym. The walk to the top was hellish. The walk out was hellish! However, I'm dying to try it again! I just need to give it a little more time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment