Friday, May 23, 2014

Jessica Smith 10 Minute Toning Walk II


What I picked and why

Today is Friday! On Monday morning, I wrote a post about it being Time to Get Real. In that post, I talked about my exercise plan for the week. I had to workout every day Monday through Friday. I also said that I had to do one workout that was 1 hour or 4 miles and I could only do one workout that was 10 minutes or 1 mile. On Monday, I did Firm 30 which was 30 minutes. On Tuesday, I did Start! Walking at Home with Leslie Sansone 3 Miles! On Wednesday, I did Jessica Smith's Latin Spice Walk which was 30 minutes. Yesterday, I did Leslie Sansone Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles. That left me with the option of doing a 10 minute or 1 mile workout today. I didn't have to do a short workout and last night I actually told my husband that I didn't want to do a short workout today. I was thinking of doing a step workout, but hadn't picked one. I didn't want to do something too crazy because we're planning a walk along the river tomorrow. When I woke up this morning, I just felt icky. I was really tired and just wanted to hop back into bed. I procrastinated a bit checking out Facebook and my online banking. By the time I got around to picking a workout, a 10 minute workout was about all that I had time for. I knew that I could find something on www.jessicasmithtv.com and sure enough, I did! However, this wasn't the first workout that I picked. I picked 10 Minute Toning Walk first. I then realized that I had already done it, so I switched to the second one.  

Equipment

This workout used a resistance band. I used my stretchie band that came with my Leslie Sansone Walk Strong Deluxe set. She said that you can use a band with handles or without handles, but said not to use dumbbells since it would put pressure on the joints.

 The Workout

This was only 10 minutes long, so there wasn't much of a warm up. I was already warmed up though since I had been walking around the living room while trying to fix my issues with the computer sending the signal to the TV. I do love that feature of YouTube and the Roku. The workout starts off with marching in place. That's pretty much what your feet do for most of the workout. There a bit of side stepping and some walking a step forward on each foot and then back. There was also one tap thing, but mainly the feet just march in place. She's barefoot in this workout. I couldn't hear any music in this workout either. I actually thought that here wasn't any, but at the end, she mentioned the people who supplied the music mix. I had a hard time keeping my body parts moving at the correct pace because I'm so used to Leslie Sansone's workouts with the beat being the pace. Okay moving on........ So the toning stuff was all about the upper body. There were no squats or lunges or anything in this workout.. There was a lot of moving the arms up over the head with the band and pulling them down. There was also a lot of pressing the arms out in front. There were a couple of times where we held our arms out in front of us while stretching the band out. There were some tricep moves as well. Once had one arm up over the head and the other arm pulled down on the band. My shoulders were killing me the entire time. Maybe this was a bit much for me after the Firm 30 workout on Monday. I have wimpy shoulders. They didn't hurt anymore from Monday's workout, so I thought I would be okay. Apparently, I was wrong. I skipped a lot of reps in this workout because my shoulders were just on fire. I'll try this again when my shoulders aren't in recovery. 

BodyMedia Screen Shots

Here are my BodyMedia screen shots for the workout. It wasn't a high calorie burn, but I didn't expect anything different. I also wasn't expecting any vigorous minutes. My workout was short, sweet and to the point. I got some bonus calories burned at work while doing some scanning at the photo copier to make up for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment