Saturday, May 3, 2014

Leslie Sanson Walk Strong Deluxe Kit DVD Set

What it is and why I got it

This is the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home Walk Strong Deluxe Kit DVD set. It includes three walk boosters and three DVDs. There are a total of five workouts on the three DVDs. I have done them all and will discuss them further below. I got it because I wanted the belt to go with my Walk Away your Waistline DVD and I wanted the stretch band to go along with my Walk Away the Pounds Express 3 Mile Advanced Walk.You can buy both of these separately, but the band was around $8.00 at Walmart and the belt was about $16.00 on Leslie's Website. Before Collage Video closed, they had this box set on sale for $17.00. I bought it. Two days later, they had it on sale for less money, but it wasn't by much. These things sold out in a couple of days, but you can still get them on Amazon.com or ebay.com

The Box

Here are pictures of the front and back of the box plus each end of the box. The top and bottom didn't have anything of interest on them, so I didn't take pictures of those. 



Inside the Box


The DVDs

The set includes three DVDs which are all inside of this one DVD case. The DVDs are Walk Away Your Wasitline which is a 3 mile walk with the walk belt, Walk & Firm which has a 2 mile workout with the stretchie band and a bonus 1 mile workout, and Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs which has a fast 2 mile walk and a 20 minute toning session with the fit cuffs.  



The Walk Boosters

This Box Set comes with three walk boosters. They come all wrapped up in plastic. 



The Walk Belt

This is the Walk Belt. It has a belt that goes around your waist. It's 47" from end to end. It has Velcro to keep it on. The yellow part is a resistance tube. The handles are slightly padded. I've used this Walk Booster with Walk Away Your Waistline and the Walk-N-Tone 2 mile walk. There are other workouts that use it, but I haven't done them yet. It's in the third mile of the 5 Mile Advanced Walk


The Stretchie Band

This is the Stretchie Band. It's quite the versatile little thing. You stretch it out and it creates resistance. You can adjust the resistance by holding it with your hands closer together or farther apart. I've only used it in the Walk & Firm that came with this DVD, but it's in a lot of other workouts. I have the Walk Away the Pounds Express 3 Mile Advanced Walk, but I haven't used the band with it yet. It's also in the 5 Mile Advanced Walk in the fifth mile, but I didn't have the stretchie band when I did that workout. 


The Fit Cuffs

Here is the Fit Cuff. The black part is a padded cuff that goes around your ankles. It's held together by Velcro. It's 15" from end to end. The pink part in the middle is a resistance tube. There are at least two DVDs that use this, but I've only done the Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs that came with this box set. 



The Workouts

This DVD has five different workouts. I have done all of them. Below are my BodyMedia screen shots for each and links to my posts about them.

Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs Firming section with Ankle Cuffs - This was a 20 minute routine with the Ankle Cuffs. I didn't include my BodyMedia screen shot since it only registered with 10 extra calories burned. I know i had to have burned more than that, but it's a pretty low key workout so I don't think I burned much more than that though. It was more about working the muscles than it was about a calorie burn.

This was a fast two mile walk. There were no walk boosters in it and no boosted walking, but check out all of those minutes of vigorous activity!


This mile walk got cut off during the cool down. There was no stretch because of that. It was still a decent 1 mile walk though if you can get past the introduction from Leslie and the doctor. I didn't do a pic with the workout arc since it was cut off and I did my own cool down/stretch.


This was a 30 minute workout with the stretchi band. The arc of the workout is pretty weird because it is set up with intervals. You do some cardio and then you do some strength training. During the strength training segments, you're not moving very quickly so the calories per minute really tanked. It's important to build more muscle though since it will make you burn more calories while sitting around doing nothing.

 

I did this DVD with the Walk Belt at the beginning of April. It seemed a lot easier the second time around than it did the first time even though the second time included the belt, but the first time didn't. I think that weird dip towards the end was from me running into the kitchen to shut off my Egg Genie. One day, I'll have to write a review of that thing because I love it! 


I did this DVD without the walk belt a few months back. It was only a few weeks into my plan to live a healthier life. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment