Sunday, May 18, 2014

Glamorise Women's No-Bounce Full-Support Sport Bra Review


What I got and why

I been having dreams about running. I'm very happy in these dreams. It makes me want to run. In order to run, I need to find something that will hold the girls still otherwise, I won't be running for long. I also want to stop modifying jumping jacks whenever they are in the workout DVDs that I do. Again, the bouncing around is just not comfortable so I don't do them. I set out on a mission to find a sports bra to help with my problem. This was my first attempt. I Googled Plus Sized Sports Bras and found this one on the Just My Size website. It had 84 reviews and only 2 of them were 1 star reviews. It had 66 5 star reviews, but it was $26.00 and I would also have to pay for shipping. Since Amazon.com has everything a girl could want and more, I checked to see if they had this bra. To my delight, they did actually have it! Out of 1484 reviews 763 were 5 stars and there were less than 100 1 stars. It was also only about $17.00. Score! I snatched that baby up. I took  my husband's advice and ordered two since I hate to pay for shipping and couldn't find anything else to get me to free shipping. 

Shipping

I ordered it on May 8th and received it on May 17th. It arrived via the Post Office. 

The Packaging

It came in this plastic resealable packaging. It's resealable in case you want to return it. 


Inside the plastic bag, was another plastic bag that contained the bra. This is the front (or back.)


This is the back (or front) of the plastic bag)


This little insert came in the bag. There was only one blurb in English.


This is a blown up version of the English blurb. 


This is the bra. It has adjustable straps and clasps in the back. There are four hooks. There are a few rows of hooks so once it stretches out, you can cinch it up a bit tighter. 


The fit and the bounce test

I wear a 44F (or a 44DDD, it's all the same thing) I bought a 44F. The bra fit, which was a positive sign. I was able to get into it and get everything all cinched in. The band was a bit tight, but it's a sports bra, so I was expecting that. I wasn't expecting the uncomfortable thing that sticking into the middle of my back. I never did figure out what it was, but for the first hour that I had it on, every time I moved, something would brush up against my spine. It was annoying, but not painful. Eventually, that went away. I wore the bra on a walk that we took. It wasn't a strenuous walk or anything. The bra was comfortable enough to walk around in. I felt like things were strapped in pretty good. I tried some jumping jacks and things got ugly. Below is a 25 second video that you may or may not want to actually watch. it's rather scary. If you watch it, you might wonder why I'm worried about my boobs bouncing around instead of my belly bouncing around. Well, it's all about baby steps. If I can get the boobs cinched down well enough to make it not painful to run, I can run and do jumping jacks and shrink the belly down. Or I can figure out where to get one of those body suit things that I see in The Biggest Loser workouts when the guys do jumping jacks and their shirts go up. 


My overall thoughts

I have decided to return one of the bras and keep one of them. I got more support from it than my regular bras. I was planning on showing a video of me doing jumping jacks in one of my regular bras, but I decided that I couldn't even handle watching that one. So anyway, I'm contemplating buying a 44E instead of the F to see if a smaller cup size will hold these babies in a bit better. My other thought was to buy an ace bandage and see if I can just wrap them up during my workouts. I've heard good things about the Enell bra, but they are pretty spendy. I wouldn't mind spending that kind of money on a bra if I thought I was going to be in a specific size for an extended period of time, but in theory, I should need smaller bras soon enough. The band size and the cup size should shrink as I lose weight. I don't think I can afford a $60 that I might only get a couple months out of. 

2 comments:

  1. So impressed with this review. It seems like an appropriate sport bra for intense workouts. I also bought beautiful Carbon38 sports bras and these are also comfortable. The fabric is of high quality along with wonderful designing.

    ReplyDelete