Monday, May 19, 2014

It's time to get real



It's time to get real

I haven't done a weigh in for a bit. The last time I put anything in my Weigh In section was April 14th. It's been a month! I haven't done it because I haven't been losing weight. This isn't a plateau or anything. This is me not being honest. I sit there and say that I'm on this mission to lose weight. I wake up Monday through Friday, turn on the DVD player and workout. I buy healthy food and Monday through Friday between the hours of 6:30 AM and 4:00 PM, I actually eat healthy. I pass on donuts and pastries at work. I've had a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup in my desk drawer for ages and I don't eat it. I know it's in the drawer. I see it in the drawer every time I open it, but I can fight the urge to eat it. I look forward to my sweet Graze.com snacks, but I can pass on the unhealthy stuff. Then, I get home and it all gets out of control. 



I have all the self control in the world in the store. I can pass by the donuts, cakes and other sweet goods, but my husband isn't quite into this whole eating better thing. He wants to lose weight, but he's not quite ready to give up the goodies. He buys yummy things like Red Velvet cookies and Ruffles potato chips. He knows that I'm trying to lose weight. He knows how bummed I get when I go an entire month without losing weight. He knows that there are a bazillion things in this world that I don't like eating, but he still buys the bad for me things that I like. Why is it that I can pass up my favorite candy bar at work, but I can't pass up my favorite salty crunch snacks at home. Why can't I walk by the Red Velvet cookies at home? Why can't he just buy something with coconut on it so I wouldn't even be tempted to eat it? I'm not blaming him for my failures. They are my failures to own. Just because I want to lose weight, doesn't mean he should have to give up the things that he wants to eat. This would just be so much easier if we were on the same page. 



This week, it's all about getting real. I need to be all in in this weight loss journey. I need to stop procrastinating when I wake up. I'm never going to drop this weight if all I do are 10 minute or 1 mile workouts. I'm never going to drop this weight if I keep eating potato chips and Red Velvet Cookies. It's time to put it all on the line. It's time to figure out why I can have structure at work, but I can't at home. It's time to make a plan. 



My plan for this week is to only allow myself one short workout. I get one day where I can do one 10 minute or 1 mile workout. That's it. Just one day. With any luck, I won't actually need that day, but I feel like I nee dot give myself the option to do that one day. I also plan to do one day of at least an hour. No more excuses on the weekend either. I need to do some form of exercise on both Saturday and Sunday. No more saying that I can't workout because my husband is watching TV or the kids are here. If he doesn't want to go for a walk with me, I'll go for a walk by myself. If it's raining, I can pull out the step and just do walk on the step while the TV is on. No more excuses that I need to edit in order to make more money to pay the bills. I'm not going to make enough money in 30 minutes to make a dent in the bills, so I need to take some time for me. No more chips and cookies, but I will allow myself to have my Brownie Brittle since it's only 120 calories per serving and a girl can't live without something to look forward to. 


Current Stats

Weight - 297
% Fat - 47.2
BMI - 46
Jeans 44 snug
Shirt 3x mens comfortably, but I can get away with wearing a 2x 



(The pictures are from the Oregon Garden and from the Dahlia Festival.)

No comments:

Post a Comment