Friday, April 25, 2014

Leslie Sansone Just Walk Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan Friday


What I picked and why

I had to finish off the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan by doing the Friday workout. It was a five mile walk! I'm not sure who thought ending the week with a 5 mile walk was a good idea, but I did it. I was even early for work today. i thought for sure that I would be late. You can read about my workouts from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday if you'd like to know how I spent the rest of my week. 

Equipment

She had a mat for the stretching at the end, but the walk itself did not have any equipment. There were no walk boosters or boosted walking. 

The Workout

The Warm Up

The warm up was about four minutes. It went over the four basic moves which were walking in place, side steps, front kicks and knee lifts. She did one move for the arms in the warm up. It was a slow pace of moving the arms up over the head and bringing them back down. 

Purple Mile

The workout started off with the Purple Mile. I wasn't thrilled with this because I remembered all of the bouncing with the Purple Mile. It had the boxer shift thing in it and some jabbing. I had forgotten about the mambo combo though. I don't think I talked about the mambo combo in my Tuesday walk. I like the mambo combo and it's about the most dancy type move she does. Odd that I like it! I don't do dancy! Okay so your left leg pretty much stays in place. You step forward with your right, step in place with the left, step back with the right, step in place with the left, step to the right with the right, step in place with the left, step back with the right step in place with the left. Repeat this several times. This mile also has grapevines! 

Green Mile

This mile is loaded with grapevines. There are regular grapevines and grapevines with a kickback on each side. Other than a bazillion grapevines, I still don't really remember what this mile has in it. She talks a lot about how life is better after a workout and we grapevine. 

Red Mile

This is the third workout with the Red Mile in it. I did a pretty extensive discussion on the Red Mile on Wednesday. There was some bouncing and some punching. That's about all I remember. 

Yellow Mile

The Yellow Mile was in all of the workouts except for the 1 Mile on Wednesday. I'm fairly bored with the Yellow Mile at this point. It as very little vigorous activity in it, but there is a lot of kicking and knee lifting. 

Blue Mile

Oh the dreaded Blue Mile. I did this first on Tuesday. I was dreading doing it again ever since. This was the most intense mile. It had the highest calories per minute. That's what happens when you do jumping jacks! Even though she called them half jacks since our arms didn't go up over our heads. They only went to shoulder height. This one also had the shifting of the weight bouncing boxer step thing. Not a fan of that move. Oh and to round out the trifecta, it also had imaginary jumping rope. You can see the big jump in the calories per minute and then the drastic drop to the cool down. I will have to do this mile again because I came up with a new idea for this DVD. Fortunately for me, I have to return it to the library so my future plans for it must wait!  

Cool Down

The cool down is pretty drastic. You can see it in the workout arc below. I was bouncing around and then boom, cool down. It isn't a gradual cool down either. You just all of a sudden start moving really slowly. It goes through the basic stuff and then you do a short stretching bit. 

Whole Body Stretch

This was all on the floor. You start off slowly getting yourself flat on your back with your arms up over your head and your legs out straight with your feet flexed. Then we pull the arms back and the knees get bent and we do knee hugs. I'm far too large to feel much from a knee hug. I just can't pull my leg forward far enough to feel anything. After the knee hugs there was a section where you twist your legs to one side and then the other. That was followed by a couple more knee hugs and I think we were done. I wasn't very impressed with this. I thought it was going to be more yoga type stuff and I was actually looking forward to it. For some reason, I want to try yoga, but I just never get around to it. 

Body Media Screen Shots

Here are the BodyMedia screen shots for the day. I feel like the Blue Mile should have been the middle mile so it would have had a better arc. I wasn't a fan of ending the workout on the most intense mile, but I got through it. I was surprised that I only had 21 minutes of vigorous activity in the full workout. I had 21 minutes of vigorous activity with the 4 Mile on Tuesday. The Red Mile from Wednesday was the only thing that today's workout had that Tuesday's did not have. I had 4 minutes of vigorous activity in the Wednesday workout. You'd think I would have gotten 25 minutes today, but maybe I just didn't put enough oomph into something today. My next plan for this DVD is to do each mile by itself. Stay tuned for the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment