Thursday, April 24, 2014

Graze.com Box 14

This was my 14th box! I get to write about two boxes this week. How exciting! I ended up eating two snacks today since I have a build up of boxes and two more coming next week. I forgot to bring a protein shake to work, so I ate my nuts for my last snack of the day. Graze.com mails out healthy snacks once a week or every other week or how ever often you can convince them to set it up for you. They are individual sized snacks with wacky names. They are wicked awesome! (I had to let my inner New Englander out). You can check out graze.com for more information. If you use invite code JAIMIE49P, you'll get your first and fifth boxes free and I'll donate my $1.00 to the farming school that they have set up.

The Packaging

Here is the outside of the box. It's a paperboard type packaging. It has plastic strips around it horizontally and vertically to hold it together in transit. On the backside, it tells you to flip it over before opening otherwise you'll have a mess. 


The top image on the inside of the box changes. I'm not sure how many different images they have, but I'm sure eventually, I'll find out!


Poached Pear w/ vanilla

This had pear, vanilla pumpkin seeds and lemon raisins. I'm not sure that I get the combo, but it was flavorful. I'm not a fan of fresh pear, but the dried pear was good. I love fresh apples, but don't like dried apples, but I don't like fresh pear and do liked dried pear. I'm a bit of an odd duck. The vanilla pumpkin seeds were good. The lemon raisins didn't have much lemon flavor. I marked this as Like since I liked it. I don't have anything to complain about it. It was a good snack size and it was made with fresh ingredients. I still don't get the combo of ingredients, but I don't always need to. 



Cinnamon Pretzel

This had poppyseed pretzels and cinnamon honey almonds. I've had these pretzels before in Brooklyn Bites in Box 10. I liked the pretzels in that, and I liked them in this. I prefer them in this because the other one has annoying seeds. This one just has big chunks of almonds covered in cinnamon and honey. I really should reduce my processed foods, but I've already cut pasta and bread mostly out of my diet, so I'm going to keep pretzels in my life for now. It's a good snack size and it had a good mix of ingredients. I marked it as Like.   


Nature's Immunity Nuts

This had Brazil nuts, cashews and pistachios. There wasn't anything special about these. They were just nuts in a container. I'm not a fan of Brazil nuts, but the cashews and pistachios were good. There were a lot of Brazil nuts, but there were also a lot of the cashews and pistachios. I marked it as Trash just because of the Brazil nuts. I will admit though that I disliked these less tan Brazil nuts I've had in the past. I might have kept it as Like if there was something sweet in there. 


Honeycomb Flapjack

This is a rustic rolled oat flapjack with honeycomb and chocolate. This was my only repeat item in the entire box. I had this back in Box 6. I marked it Love back then, and I'm going to keep it Love now. I love the flapjacks. I've had all of the flapjacks so far and have loved them all. I hope they come up with a new flavor soon. I couldn't really taste the chocolate this time and I couldn't taste it the last time. It didn't matter though because this was yummy! 


Nutritional Content

Here is the nutritional content sheet. You get one of these with each box. The inside of it has some fun facts or trivia questions. They're fun to look at. 


No comments:

Post a Comment