Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Biggest Loser Nicole and Damien's Sweet Grilled Cheese Sandwich


I actually made this a week ago, but forgot to post about it. I found this receipt in The Biggest Loser Simple Swaps 100 Easy Changes to Start Living a Healthier Lifestyle. I really liked the book, but I wasn't a huge fan of the recipe. I'm not a fan of Ezekiel bread. It might be super good for me, but I just find it to be bland and dry. I thought using it for grilled cheese would change that up a little bit, but not so much. The recipe says that one serving is a half of a sandwich. That's just way too small of a serving for me. I ate the whole sandwich, but I just wasn't really into it that much. Grilled Cheese is a comfort food, but there was no comfort in this. It was an okay sandwich, but it was not a good grilled cheese sandwich. It lacked the nice buttery flavor on the bread and making it with raisin bread was just weird. 

My husband felt pretty much the same as I did. We decided to try it again. This time, I put some turkey bacon pieces inside. It did add to the flavor, but the texture of the bread was just not there for me. My husband doesn't like the cinnamon raisin bread with grilled cheese. I'm going to try it again with a different type of Ezekiel bread. I really want to find a way to make this work for me, so I'll keep trying until I figure it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment