Sunday, March 2, 2014

Chicken Cordon Bleu Team


It's Sunday night and that means it's one of my nights to cook. I actually cooked all of our meals today! Breakfast was scrambled eggs, an everything bagel with a touch of cream cheese and some turkey bacon. Lunch was another attempt at Nicole and Damien's Sweet Grilled Cheese. I also made another back of my The Biggest Loser Inspired Mini Fritattas for lunches for the week. Dinner was Chicken Cordon Bleu Team from The Biggest Loser Quick & Easy Cookbook. Simple Delicious Low-Calorie Recipes to Make in a Snap. The side dish was a Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Buttery Rice & Vegetables. I had intended to make another The Biggest Loser recipe for a side dish, but I got off to a late start on dinner and just decided to do a simple microwaveable dish. 

The chicken was super easy to make. Just make sure that yo have a frying pan that can go into the oven. Having a Misto will be helpful. You're supposed to use spray oil that is propellant free. The Misto is pretty awesome. You put your own olive oil into this bottle. You then pump it up a few times which gives you about 15 seconds of spray power. I've been using Pam, but the spell really bothers me. I also don't like the thought of the chemicals, but I didn't know that I had another option for spraying oil. I'm so happy that I discovered this wonderful device. I read about it in The Biggest Loser Simple Swaps book. It didn't refer to the Misto by name, but it talked about a special spray bottle for oil. It said to get it at a health food store. I went to a place called Natural Grocers. What could be more health food than that? They didn't know what I was talking about. We then went to Bed Bath and Beyond. They knew what I was talking about. They had the frosted glass and the stainless steal. The frosted glass was more expensive, but I went with that just so I could always be able to tell how much was in it. 

Alright, I've gotten a bit sidetracked. Now back to dinner. The chicken was super easy. I even really liked it! I was pretty surprised at how yummy it was. This is something that I would make again and not try to change anything. It's easy enough that you can make it after work. The receipt calls for two servings, but you can easily just throw in a couple extra breasts so you have left overs for the next day. This was a definite win.    

No comments:

Post a Comment