Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Biggest Loser Goat Cheese Chicken and Carrot Fries


Tonight was Sunday night which is my night to cook. I decided to go outside of my comfort zone and made The Biggest Loser Goat Cheese Chicken and The Biggest Loser Carrot Fries. I've made the carrot fries before, but this was my first time on the Chicken. I found the receipt for the fries on The Biggest Loser website. The chicken came from The Biggest Loser Quick & Easy Cookbook. I have found a few other recipes in the book. I got the book from the library. I haven't read it yet, but I've made a few other recipes that I liked. 

This recipe was pretty far outside of my comfort zone, and I didn't really think that I was going to like it. I don't like sauce on things, and I have an aversion to goat cheese. You may be wondering why I would try this recipe. Well, the goat cheese aversion is from my childhood, and I'm learning that some of the things that I didn't like then aren't so bad now. I was in an adventurous mood and I was running out of things to try that were in my comfort zone since my comfort zone is so small. 

The recipe itself was pretty easy to make, but it wasn't exactly cheap. The goat cheese crumbles were $5.00 for a small container. If you like goat cheese and use it on other things, this might not be a big deal though. I wasn't able to find fruit juice sweetened cranberry juice at all. I ended up just buying the regular stuff that people use at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Once again, I had to cook the chicken longer than the recipe, but my chicken could have been bigger. I didn't measure these. I did pound the life out of them though. 

Now to find out what you all want to know........I didn't like this dish. The chicken itself was good, but the goat cheese was just too strong of a flavor. My husband agreed with me. We ended up scraping the sauce and cheese off of the chicken. I wasn't a big fan of warm cranberry sauce, but I might try the concept again with a different type of cheese. My husband thinks Mozzarella might work, but I haven't decided if I want to try the warm cranberry sauce again. Maybe the fruit sweetened would be better. 

The carrot fries were flavorful, but I didn't cook them long enough. I sprayed the potatoes with olive oil and then dumped some basil, garlic powder and onion powder on them. They were okay, but a little salt would have made them better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment