Sunday, March 23, 2014

Misto Oil Sprayer


While reading The Biggest Loser Simple Swaps 100 Easy Changes to Star Living a Healthier Lifestyle, I read about an olive oil spray. It said that I could get one at a health food store. I went to a store called Natural Grocery, and they had no idea what I was talking about. They tried to sell me a one ounce bottle with a spray nozzle on it. I didn't really think that was going to work, so we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond. They knew exactly what I was talking about. They brought me to this nifty little gadget called a Misto. It's a non-propellant oil sprayer. For some reason, the stainless steel was less than the frosted glass. I got the frosted glass so I could see how much oil was in there. 

I love this thing. I had been using Pam to spray my pans, but the smell from Pam is horrible, and Pam is a bunch of chemicals. The stuff made me cough when I used it, and I'm trying to work my way up to a clean diet so those chemicals had to go. I had never heard of a non-propellant oil sprayer until I read the book. I'm so happy that I did. This thing was so worth the $15.00 that I paid for it. Amazon has a bunch of colors including red, blue and orange.  

Using this is really simple and it helps you burn a couple bonus calories when you use it because you pump it up by hand. The silver top is the cap, but it's also the pump. Once you pump it up 10-15 times, you've got about 15 seconds worth of spray time with no smell and no chemicals! You can use this anytime a recipe calls for Pam. You can also use it when making stuff like eggs. Instead of free pouring oil into the pan, you just spray it into the pan using the Misto. You'll use less oil and end up with less calories in your food. 

I love this thing and think that everyone should have one. It's better for you and the environment than using Pam! 

No comments:

Post a Comment