Monday, February 24, 2014

The Biggest Loser The Workout - Boot Camp


Since today was Monday, I decided to do something that I knew would fry my muscles, and boy was I right! I did another workout from this same DVD a few weeks back. You can read about it here. This time, I did the Boot Camp with the warm up and the cool down. The DVD has four pre-set workouts or you can select what you want to do separately. 

The warm up was just as strange for me the second time as it was the first time. You see the contestants doing an warm up move while you hear Bob do the voice over. The voice over was just weird. The warm up moves themselves were more of a workout than a warm up. Any time a lunge or a squat is involved, that's a workout not a warm up. The warm up is just under 5 minutes.

Once the warm up is over, you go into a regular gym type studio. Bob Harper is front and center and he's surrounded by five former contestants. You can use weights for this workout, but I didn't have any so I didn't use any. Suzie doesn't use weights either. She also does some modified moves during the workout. The workout involves a series of 1 minute intervals. You rotate between several different moves. They include punching, jumping jacks, lunges, squats, push ups and a few things that I don't know the names of, but they killed my shoulders even without the weights. I discovered that lunges while stepping forward are much easier for me than lunges while stepping backwards. 

I really liked that the people in the workout looked like it was challenging for them. One of them was a bit of a drama queen, but it made me feel better that she was in pain too even if she was just faking it for me. There were a few times when one of them would take a break for a rep or two. I'm fairly certain that I'm going to be in a ton of pain tomorrow. I can feel it in my quads, hamstrings and shoulders. My chest might even be a little sore tomorrow! I did the push ups on my knees, and I didn't do all of the jumping jacks or the jumping. Maybe once I get a better bra, I'll start doing more of the bouncy stuff. 

Below are my screen shots from BodyMedia and Nexercise. I didn't get a huge calorie burn, but I know my muscles got a great workout. I tore them up, and they can burn a lot of calories while they heal up. The workout is the tallest blue blob on the left. The est of the blue spikes are from walking around at work. Sometimes, I wonder if I really do have a desk job. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment