Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baby Steps

Tonight we went out to dinner. Normally, I order a cheeseburger plain and dry with fries. I decided tonight that I would skip the cheese and swap out the fries for cucumbers. I don't like salad, but I do like cucumbers. My husband ordered an appetizer that we hadn't talked about, so that threw a bit of a wrench into the plan, but I still stuck to my plan of the burger sans cheese and the cucumbers. The server came back to tell me that they were out of cucumbers, but offered fruit. I asked what type of fruit they had, and she listed grapes, some sort of melon and possibly pineapple. I asked if I could get just the grapes. She said that would be fine, but she came back to let me know that they were out of grapes. I almost caved and asked for the fries, but I didn't! I just went for the burger by itself. Still more calories than I should have eaten, but it's less calories than if I had gotten the fries, so I'm proud of myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment