Sunday, January 26, 2014

Mini Frittatas for Breakfast!

My mini fritattas were inspired by the Biggest Loser Mexican Turkey Frittata Recipe. We don't like mushrooms though and we didn't have the chipotle pepper in adodo sauce, so I improvised. I used 16 ounces of Foster Farm's ground turkey from Costco, one orange pepper and one red pepper. I also used a pizza cheese mix from Costco instead of the Mexican blend cheese. I think they turned out pretty good and my husband said they did as well. They looked pretty scary going into the mini muffin tins though. I forgot to take a picture of them before I put them in the oven. It looks liked there was way too much filling and not enough egg, but those eggs really poofed out. It was pretty amazing. They receipt said to cook them for 20 minutes, but I think mine ended up going for about 30 before I felt that they were done. I did fill the muffin tins level with the tops instead of 3/4 full like the receipt calls for.

 

I probably should have skipped the toast or at least used something other than butter as a topping, but I'm still working on the baby steps with my diet. I skipped the chocolate milk and had turkey instead of pork sausage or bacon. It's not the most nutritious breakfast, but it's still better than the donuts that hubby wanted. I'm going to freeze a few of them and see how well they reheat for those mornings when hubby doesn't feel like making smoothies. I've been eating Jimmy Dean Delight Breakfast Sandwiches on the days he doesn't make smoothies, but I really want to get away from processed foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment